Typo in instructor guide

Nick Anthis

Oct 29, 2020
Perhaps Support would be your best bet, although I don't see much to happen with that, since the next revision of Security+ will deliver through CertMaster Perform, so the guides themselves will go away, I'm thinking.
I hope not. I really like having an instructor and student guide, even in PDF format. Makes it easier to reference them for the students, and for me.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    I hope not. I really like having an instructor and student guide, even in PDF format. Makes it easier to reference them for the students, and for me.
    I brought these points up at Summit and that's definitely the case. I also enjoy having the PDF books, but I think that will just mean you'll have to find your textbook solution with one of the traditional publishers. It makes sense that CompTIA is going to put their content delivery through the platform, since that's effectively what LabSim was.

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Yes, I agree! However, reminds me of the classic from
    CompTIA is getting rid of PDF courseware? Say it isn't so!
    The PDF can still be available for download, but from what I am hearing, CompTIA would like to move away from PDF with all digital content. Time will tell.

Reactions: RodneyJackson

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    CompTIA is getting rid of PDF courseware? Say it isn't so!
    My wife and I always say when something happens we don't like, that it is just called "progress". This situation kind of reminds me of that popular song from 1979/80 when MTV was coming onto the stage, Video Killed the Radio Star.

Video killed the radio star
    Video killed the radio star
    In my mind and in my car
    We can't rewind, we've gone too far
    Pictures came and broke your heart
    Put the blame on VCR...

And THAT, is my Friday wisdom! 😁

Reactions: Steve Mallard

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Yes, I agree! However, reminds me of the classic from

The PDF can still be available for download, but from what I am hearing, CompTIA would like to move away from PDF with all digital content. Time will tell.
    That's the vibe I got.

Are you saying there are PDFs out there for the new Net+ and Tech+? Because my understanding is that content is all now in Perform...?

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    ...for the CertMaster Learn content.
    Right... but just to be crystal, the LEARN content is for anything before the release of PERFORM (right now, the new Net+ and Tech+). As courses are updated on the three year cycle, they'll be brought into CM Perform, which means the PDF material isn't available...?

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    C
    Right... but just to be crystal, the LEARN content is for anything before the release of PERFORM (right now, the new Net+ and Tech+). As courses are updated on the three year cycle, they'll be brought into CM Perform, which means the PDF material isn't available...?
    CertMaster Learn, CertMaster Labs and CertMaster Practice are all available for Network+ N10-009. CertMaster Perform is an all-inclusive learning tool. That would be the product with the most inclusive tools and reporting. However, you can still use CertMaster Learn and all the add-ons. CertMaster Learn also now runs on the LabSim platform. Checkout the website for more information on CertMaster Learn form Network+ https://www.comptia.org/training/certmaster-learn/network

You can also still purchase Instructor Guides and Student Guides for Network+ N10-009, however this is only available for academic markets.

Hope this helps.

Gregory Childers

Oct 22, 2019
    Safety Harbor, FL
    www.linkedin.com
    OK, we have access to the LabSim platform for DataX because we're attending the TTT. It shows that my CertMaster Perform DataX expires on October 23, 2024.

Will I be able to access the courseware offline? Or is the access online-only, and will it truly expire on that date?

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    OK, we have access to the LabSim platform for DataX because we're attending the TTT. It shows that my CertMaster Perform DataX expires on October 23, 2024.

Will I be able to access the courseware offline? Or is the access online-only, and will it truly expire on that date?
    Access to the DataX content is valid for 90 days from the time it is activated. I will check the availability offline, but I do not believe so. I think you will require a connection.

Gregory Childers

Oct 22, 2019
    Safety Harbor, FL
    www.linkedin.com
    Access to the DataX content is valid for 90 days from the time it is activated. I will check the availability offline, but I do not believe so. I think you will require a connection.
    I should've paid more attention. If I had known that, I would have waited to activate it later. Now, it will expire before I have the opportunity to take the exam.

Who would I notify at CompTIA if I find a typo in the Sec+ SY0701 instructor guide?
    I reported some typos to Support, with this message:

"I have attached a document listing some of the inaccurate content in the new Security+ SY0-701 course.
    I submitted support requests reporting inaccurate content in the past, however the materials were not corrected. The errors remained in the product for 3 years, until the new version of the course was released.
    What is CompTIA's policy for correcting reported errors in current course materials?"

On August 4, Support replied:

"Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention. We appreciate you taking the time to flag these concerns. This will be forwarded to our subject matter expert for review. I am also escalating your request for information about the policy and process regarding updating content."