Unannounced username change PearsonVue

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
I don't know exactly what happened, but PearsonVue have actually gone and **changed** my login-name for the CompTIA PearsonVue login. I never got an email about this, or anything.

Gave me a right fright just now, because I have the CASP+ beta in the morning. All of a sudden I couldn't login! They would simply not accept my username+password, even after changing the password.

Turns out that, yes, those &^%$# took my original username and stuck a "1" at the end. Without telling me. WAT? 🤯

All the security questions for the account also got reset. So I have no clue what happened here. Luckily I have retained my exam history and yes, tomorrow's beta is also still scheduled. Pfew.

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
UPDATE:
PearsonVue have added a notice to their CompTIA login page:
SYSTEM UPDATE: SEPARATE COMPTIA ACCOUNTS If you have tested with other organizations through Pearson VUE, a new account has been created for you that only contains your CompTIA exam registrations and history. Click here for more details » Your original account will retain exams for any other organization and may be accessed on the respective login page. To access your new CompTIA account, click “Forgot my username” and provide the required information, then your new username will be displayed on-screen. Next, click “Forgot my password” and complete the steps to access your new CompTIA account.

Bruh, you could've told us that before you start doing this!! This appeared literally in the past hour, after the change was made.

Reactions: Lee McWhorter

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
My word, imagine the sheer amount of panic test-takers are going to go through the next few days or weeks. Because we just know the majority will not verify their login or laptops until an hour or so before the exam.

@Steve Linthicum :

> They have placed my login apparently with a 2 at the end

That suggests that you tested with them for three organizations and that you now have three accounts :|

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
Someone asked, but then deleted:

> @Tess Sluijter did you call them Up?

No, I used the username retrieval function with my CompTIA ID + email address.

> Mine is saying "We could not find your account with the information provided. Try again or contact customer service. "
> When i use the "Retrieve your username " feature

Well, that's a "yikes". Best option should be email plus your CompTIA ID. The latter you can retrieve from your CertMetrics panel I believe.

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
That was me Tess all sorted now thanks.
Same as others my username now has a 4 at the end
That might mean you now have multiple accounts. Others are finding out the change also happened for their Cisco, Microsoft and IAPP accounts.

In turn that means you have multiple accounts to restore / fix.

You're lucky Lee. Me, well I've got at least 3. I know a little over a year ago when I took the (ISC)2 CCSP exam I had to set up a new account. Another one may be the M$ account when I took a couple of Azure exams. Thanks God for LastPass for account and password management......

• Wow
Reactions: Tess Sluijter