Updated Certmaster Labs for Security+ 701

jmcconnell

Jan 19, 2022
Baltimore MD
Question about timing. I know that the new 701 test will be available on November 7th and that the 601 exam will be retired on 7/31/24. Our current cybersecurity course uses the 601 book and the CertMaster Labs for Security+. I am trying to determine if we need to make the change to the 701 content for the spring semester or if the 601 book and 601 related CertMaster Labs for Security+ will continue to be available through early 2024?

When will the 701 related CertMaster Labs be available for students?

Just trying to determine if I'm going to be able to have my students use both the 601 book and Certmaster Labs for spring or if we need to move to the 701 book and Certmaster Labs for spring.

Thanks!

John McConnell
Community College of Baltimore County

Reactions: Fanuel

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Question about timing. I know that the new 701 test will be available on November 7th and that the 601 exam will be retired on 7/31/24. Our current cybersecurity course uses the 601 book and the CertMaster Labs for Security+. I am trying to determine if we need to make the change to the 701 content for the spring semester or if the 601 book and 601 related CertMaster Labs for Security+ will continue to be available through early 2024?

When will the 701 related CertMaster Labs be available for students?

Just trying to determine if I'm going to be able to have my students use both the 601 book and Certmaster Labs for spring or if we need to move to the 701 book and Certmaster Labs for spring.

Thanks!

John McConnell
    Community College of Baltimore County

I suggest checking the transition guide for 701/601.

There's now CertMaster Learn and CertMaster Labs for Security+ (701).
    Check your admin or CompTIA rep if they can provide it for you.
    The CompTIA website only shows 601 tho.

There's an ongoing TTT session for Sec+. Join one of the sessions. They're great!

jmcconnell

Jan 19, 2022
    Baltimore MD
    I suggest checking the transition guide for 701/601.

There's now CertMaster Learn and CertMaster Labs for Security+ (701).
    Check your admin or CompTIA rep if they can provide it for you.
    The CompTIA website only shows 601 tho.

There's an ongoing TTT session for Sec+. Join one of the sessions. They're great!
    I am taking the 701 TTT course. Where do I find the transition guide for 701/601?

Thanks!

John

jmcconnell

Jan 19, 2022
    Baltimore MD
    I looked in the resources for the TTT and didn't see the transition guide. And, unfortunately, I've not heard back from Steve Schneiter. With spring semester starting at the end of January, I'm concerned about the Certmaster Labs for Security+ and using it for my classes. When will the 701 related CertMaster Labs be available for purchase by students?