Virtual recording- one more question!

dlross

• Jun 9, 2023
    Ok, I've got one more issue with my virtual recording. I did a recording last night, and it went over. So I did another recording today, and it's over by 1 minute and 23 seconds. I was able to get to the end, and the only thing not showing up before the 22 minute mark would be the recap and the thank you. Should I re-record? I did the lecture, I did answer questions. I asked other people questions. I did a demo, and then I had people do the lab on a pause. When they returned, they showed me in a screen share what they did with the lab. Then I did a quiz poll in the zoom. Because a couple of people were a bit slow with sharing their screen, I ended up not being at 22 minutes. (sigh)

Thoughts?

Ok, I've got one more issue with my virtual recording. I did a recording last night, and it went over. So I did another recording today, and it's over by 1 minute and 23 seconds. I was able to get to the end, and the only thing not showing up before the 22 minute mark would be the recap and the thank you. Should I re-record? I did the lecture, I did answer questions. I asked other people questions. I did a demo, and then I had people do the lab on a pause. When they returned, they showed me in a screen share what they did with the lab. Then I did a quiz poll in the zoom. Because a couple of people were a bit slow with sharing their screen, I ended up not being at 22 minutes. (sigh)

Thoughts?
    So, if you go long, the reviewers will not watch anything past the 22 minute mark. However, you are allowed to 'stop the camera' once during the presentation. So if you were doing a laboratory exercise or something, you would show the lead into the exercise, then snip out the center and then the very ending...

"Okay folks we're going to go through the steps on how to connect to wi-fi on your mobile device. Everyone, please take out your phones and browse for the SSID 'labtest1', password is 'connectome'. Let's do this now...

*snip*

"...okay, so what we did was connect to a wireless access point using an Android device and an Apple device. Are there questions on the procedure, now that we've all done it once.?"

If you have a section of your video that looks like that, there's a way to shave it down.

/r

dlross

• Jun 9, 2023
    So, if you go long, the reviewers will not watch anything past the 22 minute mark. However, you are allowed to 'stop the camera' once during the presentation. So if you were doing a laboratory exercise or something, you would show the lead into the exercise, then snip out the center and then the very ending...

"Okay folks we're going to go through the steps on how to connect to wi-fi on your mobile device. Everyone, please take out your phones and browse for the SSID 'labtest1', password is 'connectome'. Let's do this now...

*snip*

"...okay, so what we did was connect to a wireless access point using an Android device and an Apple device. Are there questions on the procedure, now that we've all done it once.?"

If you have a section of your video that looks like that, there's a way to shave it down.

/r
    I redid the recording with my class. I did exactly that, and it's just under 22 minutes! Now, I'm just having a problem with submitting, since I don't know what the registration ID is.

I redid the recording with my class. I did exactly that, and it's just under 22 minutes! Now, I'm just having a problem with submitting, since I don't know what the registration ID is.
    Registration ID - I believe this is referring to the ID on your written exam.

Reactions: Fanuel