Why We Do This

Guys, I've share this attachment with Stephen and others at CompTIA, but I think it goes a long way at explaining the difference we can all make as CIN members. A while back there was a posting in the CIN Jobs section about mentoring for a non-profit. Since oftentimes I'm no longer gainfully employed (aka retired), I thought I might as well keep busy so I took on the role as a volunteer mentor. Attached is a recent LinkedIn conversation with one of the students I worked with. It makes it all worthwhile.....

Steve

Attachments

• Andrew Wood.pdf
    76.9 KB · Views: 24
Guys, I've share this attachment with Stephen and others at CompTIA, but I think it goes a long way at explaining the difference we can all make as CIN members. A while back there was a posting in the CIN Jobs section about mentoring for a non-profit. Since oftentimes I'm no longer gainfully employed (aka retired), I thought I might as well keep busy so I took on the role as a volunteer mentor. Attached is a recent LinkedIn conversation with one of the students I worked with. It makes it all worthwhile.....

Steve
Sounds like he plugged away, took his loss, and turned it around. I've seen a number of these in my career in education - it hurts when they lose, but when the come back and win one, they are stoked.

Thanks for sharing that!

/r

Reactions: maykin