Recent content by Gregory Childers

  1. Gregory Childers

    Friday Watercooler: My Divorce from Windows

    I use a little bit of everything to avoid vendor lock-in. No one gets all my business.
  2. Gregory Childers

    Friday Watercooler: My Divorce from Windows

    That's due to the increase in macOS desktops. Linux is still chugging along below 10% where they've always been. Linux has a stranglehold on the server market, but you'll never convince regular users to switch over. It's an admin OS.
  3. Gregory Childers

    Project+ Expiration

    I have two different GFL Project+ certifications. One from 2003 when it was still called IT Project+ and another one from 2023. CompTIA awarded me the Project+ CE in 2025 and it expires in 2028. They did the same thing with Server+. I eared a GFL Server+ in 2021 and they awarded me a...
  4. Gregory Childers

    I THINK I'M DEAD!

    All of them were experienced tech workers at the SSA. They just needed the class to prepare for the exam. I'll grant that it would be far too difficult for an inexperienced college student to handle, but I can't imagine dragging it on for an entire semester. I taught a boot camp for advanced...
  5. Gregory Childers

    I THINK I'M DEAD!

    I just taught the 220-1201 and 220-1202 combined class in one week. I barely completed all the lecture in that time.
  6. Gregory Childers

    I THINK I'M DEAD!

    I haven't done the labs in more than a decade. I tell the students that the labs will enhance the lecture, but they should do them outside class hours. Most of the CompTIA certifications lean heavily on the theory and processes, but don't particularly require much technical depth with any of...
  7. Gregory Childers

    SecAI+

    Teaching the course is always harder than preparing for the exam. Those students will all kinds of crazy questions. Congratulations!
  8. Gregory Childers

    I THINK I'M DEAD!

    Whenever possible, I download the instructor guide and slide deck for offline access. I never want to risk being unable to teach.
  9. Gregory Childers

    CISSP Curriculum Developer & Instructor (remote)

    I've got the CISSP, CCSP, CISM, and SecurityX. Creating a class from scratch takes time. A trainer should be fairly compensated for their time.
  10. Gregory Childers

    Remote Security+ Instructor

    What is the pay range?
  11. Gregory Childers

    Passed CompTIA CySA+

    Congratulations! How was it? I passed all three previous versions and have a voucher for this version. I was wondering how much had changed.
  12. Gregory Childers

    CIN TTT Series: DataSys+ V2

    I took the DataSys+ beta exam in late May. Does anyone have an idea when we'll hear the results?
  13. Gregory Childers

    Cysa+ voucher

    Typically Stephen takes attendance for all the TTT sessions and gets a head count for vouchers. He turns in the order, and when the order arrives, he distributes the vouchers. That happened back at the end of July. I got mine on July 23rd, and that was after I didn't initially receive one so...
  14. Gregory Childers

    Passed Linux Plus

    CySA+ was distributed back at the end of July. You may be out of luck on that one.
  15. Gregory Childers

    We're Hiring Instructors - BestLink Strategies, LLC

    It's amazing how many questions they ignored.