Recent content by Rick Butler

  1. Rick Butler

    I THINK I'M DEAD!

    Blame these guys:
  2. Rick Butler

    Passed CompTIA CySA+

    Good work!
  3. Rick Butler

    CIN TTT Series: DataSys+ V2

    Locked and loaded. I took DataSys v1 and actually enjoyed doing that one. Looking forward to DS2. /r
  4. Rick Butler

    Passed Linux Plus

    Congrats on the win. What's next on the list?
  5. Rick Butler

    Friday Watercooler: My Divorce from Windows

    Counseling? Nah. I'll just convince any therapist that Linux is better and Microsoft will lose more business - which...may not be a half bad idea. Mostly, those that slink back to Windows usually aren't ready for the commitment of having to relearn all the muscle memory keystrokes and shortcuts...
  6. Rick Butler

    Free Comptia Books/Instructor guides

    Usually, a publisher will offer a promotional copy - this has been a go-to for me when I just needed a text to study. For me, however, that has been less and less. But then, while I call it a blessing to get free copies of texts, expecting it or even demanding it, to me is no good...
  7. Rick Butler

    Friday Watercooler: My Divorce from Windows

    Why do you hate me so much, Brian? So, funny story that. Long ago, I had a lead of our now defunct Personal Training program who saw that we had an iMac in our department that was used to help our Computer students get acclimated to iOS. One day, he came in and told me how he wanted it on his...
  8. Rick Butler

    Passed Linux Plus

    Great work. Linux+ is a good thing to have under your belt!
  9. Rick Butler

    Friday Watercooler: My Divorce from Windows

    So, I've been in IT for about 35 years. There's not much that I've not done with a computer, both above board and well...(yeah, I won't get into all that). But for the greatest part of my life, I've been using Windows. Like so many chained to Redmond, I started with Windows 2.0 and used every...
  10. Rick Butler

    Linux+ study advice

    +3 on Eckert's materials. That dude's brain was programmed by Torvalds, I bet. LOL Linux for me has been elusive. I remember trying to get myself around to take the old RHCE back in the day (still have the book in near pristine condition). And since then, I keep telling myself, "this time...
  11. Rick Butler

    CIN TTT Series CySA+ 004

    Okay...do you not have the links to the content? They would be in the emails.
  12. Rick Butler

    Passed Cloud+

    You, sir, are in need of prayer. And since I'm taking some ministerial classes these days, I think you need to stop by for a little chat, my friend:
  13. Rick Butler

    Office Pro v.9 - Advanced Content??

    That would be a good question - I've never explored the Office Pro content, myself. I flirted a bit with the MOU certs before, but never got around to taking one.
  14. Rick Butler

    Renewing CloudNetX

    I haven't looked into it, but perhaps some of the higher end AWS or Azure certs might help with some of that? I know Data is relatively new as a pathway, so that may have not matured well enough yet. Just spitballin' here, without a lot of info.