A+ 220-1101 PASSED!

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Good morning, team! I sat and passed 220-1101 last night. Congrats to @comptia for a great job with this exam! The questions were on target with troubleshooting and the simulation questions.

A few tips:
    • Know your objectives. Know the "why's" over the "whats".
    • Printers! Yes, know the laser printing process and the components of the laser printer. You will be asked!
    • Know your cables and how to set up a SOHO network.
    • Know your port numbers and what they do. The testing objectives clearly list them for you.
    • Keep your eye on the clock.
    • I like to do the sims last
    • Flag what you are not sure about.
    • Process of elimination with your answers.
    • Stay calm & have fun!

@Stephen Schneiter @Rick Butler

Attachments

• comptiaa2201101examobjectivesv31646239227018.pdf
      173 KB · Views: 26

Patrick Asamago

Oct 2, 2021
    Good morning, team! I sat and passed 220-1101 last night. Congrats to @comptia for a great job with this exam! The questions were on target with troubleshooting and the simulation questions.

A few tips:
    • Printers! Yes, know the laser printing process and the components of the laser printer. You will be asked!
    • Know your port numbers and what they do. The testing objectives clearly list them for you.
    • Stay calm & have fun!

Congratulations!!!

Reactions: Cyber Russ

Angel Waymer

• Jan 31, 2022

A few tips:
    • Stay calm & have fun!

Congratulations!

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Congratulations!
    Thanks for the exam tips. I echo the last three points:
    • Stay calm & have fun!
    With CompTIA exams, I like that we can go back and review some questions.
    This ain't the case for some other certification exams.

Congratulations! I use the following techniques for taking all CompTIA exams.

• Skip all PBQs and do them later. (This does not apply to the Virtual Machine question I had on the CASP+. It will not allow you to revisit the question. Once you're past it, you do not get another chance to answer.)
    • Answer the easier multiple choice questions on the first round. Skip the more difficult ones.
    • Once you get to the review screen, answer the remaining multiple choice questions on the second round
    • Once you return to the review screen, answer the PBQs on the final round
    • For multiple choice questions, use process of elimination to narrow the choices.
    • Answer every question even if you're not certain on the correct answer. Incomplete questions are always marked wrong.

Using these techniques has allowed me to pass CompTIA exams and leave at least an hour of time remaining on the clock. I don't like to waste time deliberating on a single question when I can answer four or five in a row rather quickly. It's all about maximizing efficiency in order to get the best score possible.

Of course, I have always believed that preparation is what enables you to pass an exam. Exam taking techniques only determine the margin of your passing score. When I sit an exam, I passed or failed before it starts because of my preparation, not because I'm good at guessing.

Congratulations! I use the following techniques for taking all CompTIA exams.

• Skip all PBQs and do them later. (This does not apply to the Virtual Machine question I had on the CASP+. It will not allow you to revisit the question. Once you're past it, you do not get another chance to answer.)
    • Answer the easier multiple choice questions on the first round. Skip the more difficult ones.
    • Once you get to the review screen, answer the remaining multiple choice questions on the second round
    • Once you return to the review screen, answer the PBQs on the final round
    • For multiple choice questions, use process of elimination to narrow the choices.
    • Answer every question even if you're not certain on the correct answer. Incomplete questions are always marked wrong.

Using these techniques has allowed me to pass CompTIA exams and leave at least an hour of time remaining on the clock. I don't like to waste time deliberating on a single question when I can answer four or five in a row rather quickly. It's all about maximizing efficiency in order to get the best score possible.

Of course, I have always believed that preparation is what enables you to pass an exam. Exam taking techniques only determine the margin of your passing score. When I sit an exam, I passed or failed before it starts because of my preparation, not because I'm good at guessing.
    Definitely the same rules I follow!

Make use of that marker board to keep track of certain questions, in addition to marking them.

Congratulations!
    Thanks for the exam tips. I echo the last three points:
    • Stay calm & have fun!
    With CompTIA exams, I like that we can go back and review some questions.
    This ain't the case for some other certification exams.
    I echo the have fun part. Stress can kill your testing performance. Get rest before you test.

Always good reminders!

/r

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020

A few tips:
    • Stay calm & have fun!

Congratulations (y) :)

Edna Chimpeni

Jan 19, 2022

A few tips:
    • Stay calm & have fun!

Good job!

A few tips:
    • Stay calm & have fun!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Liz Wannemacher

VP Marketing @ CompTIA
    Staff member
    Jul 31, 2019
    Chicago, Illinois
    partners.comptia.org

A few tips:
    • Stay calm & have fun!

@Stephen Schneiter @Rick Butler[/
    [QUOTE="Cyber Russ, post: 6157, member: 612"]
    Good morning, team! I sat and passed 220-1101 last night. Congrats to [USER=1]@comptia
    for a great job with this exam! The questions were on target with troubleshooting and the simulation questions.

A few tips:
    • Stay calm & have fun!

Way to go!!!🙌
    [/QUOTE]