A+ Retirement

Actually, CompTIA mentioned during the Partner Summit, Teresa Sears pointed to the A+ Launch Phase being in March 2022:

1634310655696.png

Launch Day becomes Launch Phase - Instead of a single date for release of all materials, CompTIA changed its approach to how certs are "released" by doing a phasic approach over the course of 30 days. This basically gives CompTIA the flexibility to adjust as a cert is rolled out - if something needs to be fixed or changed, that sort of thing. This makes a lot of sense to me since there are always unanticipated quantities in revolving projects like this.

1634310697950.png

So I would expect to see exam availability in April of 2022, which, if CompTIA follows true to form, that would mean a six month phase out of A+ 1001/1002 by October 2022. Exact date timelines won't show up until we actually get closer to the Launch Phase, I reckon.

/r

Last edited:

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
Then again, that might be a little late, right? 🤔

Let's see, I took the beta for Pentest+ in April with the results coming in about a week or two. So that's a six month lead. If there's gonna be a beta for Linux+ 5, they still have some time.

Maybe @Stephen Schneiter knows :)

Last edited:
Actually, CompTIA mentioned during the Partner Summit, Teresa Sears pointed to the A+ Launch Phase being in March 2022:

View attachment 598

Launch Day becomes Launch Phase - Instead of a single date for release of all materials, CompTIA changed its approach to how certs are "released" by doing a phasic approach over the course of 30 days. This basically gives CompTIA the flexibility to adjust as a cert is rolled out - if something needs to be fixed or changed, that sort of thing. This makes a lot of sense to me since there are always unanticipated quantities in revolving projects like this.

View attachment 599

So I would expect to see exam availability in April of 2022, which, if CompTIA follows true to form, that would mean a six month phase out of A+ 1001/1002 by October 2022. Exact date timelines won't show up until we actually get closer to the Launch Phase, I reckon.

/r
well noted

Patrick Asamago

Oct 2, 2021

View attachment 598

View attachment 599

/r
Nice one

This may be too easy of a question, but could a person pass the old 1001 exam and then pass the new 1102 exam and get their A+ ?
I've been certified in A+ four different times and they've always required a candidate pass both exams in the same series.

It would require a change for CompTIA to allow people to mix exams like that.

Reactions: Tess Sluijter

Rob F

Nov 7, 2019
Michigan
I've been certified in A+ four different times and they've always required a candidate pass both exams in the same series.

It would require a change for CompTIA to allow people to mix exams like that.
Thanks Greg. I appreciate the info. I am still waiting on my request from Comptia for official verification.

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
Hello Rob,
just saw this,
but as the others posted, you have to pass both Exams from the same Series. Was also on the A+ Website at some point.
And i also believe, that this will not change. Does not make sense anyway.
Also A+ is the only one still with two Exams to pass for Certification.
And there is plenty of time to pass from the then old or new Series.
And if Material is out for Training, i would go for the newer Versions in most cases.
Michael

Reactions: Tess Sluijter