A+ Retirement

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
Just a quick, although late, update. The official answer from Comptia is both exams must be from the same series. It took Comptia 6 days to respond, but at least we have clarity.
You had doubts. I think most of us where always clear, that you can`t mix A+ Exams for the Certification.
It is usually in the Grace Period, when both exams available on the Website listed.
Here is something in the Wayback Archive:
In order to receive the CompTIA A+ certification, candidates must pass two exams: Core 1 (220-1001) and Core 2 (220-1002).
Michael

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
Yes I had doubts and if you read this post several people had doubts. Sorry I am not as enlighten as you, so I ask questions. Please forgive my ignorance.
Hello Rob, i did not want to offense you. Asking question is ok, and a reason for this Forum. I have not be reading here much before, otherwise i would have answered it back in Oct. if you read the PDF above, you can believe, it is an inclusive information. But yes, i had a student last year, with this Problem. Passt 901, failed 902, wanted to take 1002 to get the Certification. So i was there before, too..
But i think we going OT.
So, please accept my apology, in case my Answer sounded rude. I shouldn't. I am no Engl. Native speaker.

Michael

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
"And there is plenty of time to pass from the then old or new Series." -- not if you teach the A+ over two years to high school students. I'm going to have to have my 220-1001 take 1101 again next year while they are worrying about 1102. Going to be fun!
How about offering a Delta Course? I mean, if your Course runs two years, and every 3 Years the Exam is renewed: You know, you have some timing issues, that needs to be addressed. There is a grace period, with both Exam-version offered, but you need to include in your timing that as well. So there may less time for retaking when students fail, but with two years time, students should be prepared to pass it..

Michael

Last edited:
I taught the full A+ course in two weeks to a group of high school students in a summer program. Spreading the course over two years when it typically changes version every three years seems counterproductive.