• We will be shutting down for a brief period of time on 9/24 at around 8 AM CST to perform necessary software updates and maintenance; please plan accordingly!

AI Essentials and AI+ expansions

Bryan H

May 3, 2023
Had a student of mine ask about AI Essentials and if it would be offered in the future. I was not aware of any such things until he showed me this article:

And now I am curious, what is the latest with these expansions? Is this going to be a new pathway or what is going on with them. The article mentions a July 24 release, but I am not finding anything about them on CIN or other places. just curious.

TIEN TRAN

Sep 9, 2024
Had a student of mine ask about AI Essentials and if it would be offered in the future. I was not aware of any such things until he showed me this article:

And now I am curious, what is the latest with these expansions? Is this going to be a new pathway or what is going on with them. The article mentions a July 24 release, but I am not finding anything about them on CIN or other places. just curious.
Hi Bryan,
It is will be great if we can share more about what's AI certificates is can apply for all big four in Tech: GG, MS, Meta, etc...
If the students want to work for GG, him need to exam this/ that certificates, etc. thank you.

Reactions: precious

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Hello @Bryan H, There is not a lot of information right now. There is a discussion thread that is talking about the AI expansion. You can check out some comments here. https://cin.comptia.org/threads/comptia-ai-add-ons.1886/

Here is a recent blog post, Tuesday, September 10, 2024, that provides "How CompTIA is approaching AI skills training", https://www.comptia.org/blog/the-im...ce-on-skills-training-for-government-agencies

Wouldn't it be more efficient to develop a single AI/ML course, and include those subtopics as part of the certification?

I know ISACA has an AI Fundamentals certification, and CertNexus has a Certified Artificial Intelligence Practitioner certification.

Jose A Ruiz Marquez

• Dec 30, 2023
    Puerto Rico
    Wouldn't it be more efficient to develop a single AI/ML course, and include those subtopics as part of the certification?

I know ISACA has an AI Fundamentals certification, and CertNexus has a Certified Artificial Intelligence Practitioner certification.
    That is a great move. I don't know if you were in Atlanta. They explained the multi domain model, but I honestly don't remember much, other than they were thinking of being cert specific, like a course for AI directed at a Pentester, another directed as a Cyber Security Analyst and so on. I've seen two interview with James Stanger related to AI. But he just comments on the add ons and don't give a lot of information regarding what CompTIA will do.