Are Comptia training instructors required to be certified in the course they teach?

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
Agree , my point is , someone with PhD and a lot of experience as she mentioned, needs certificate to teach ? This is my point
If they have never gone through the actual testing experience with PearsonVue, how will they answer those questions? We all know there is more to passing CompTIA certifications than knowledge. It is also the skill to be able to sit for the test and pass it. Regarding the wording, navigating PBQs, whether you get a calculator or not, what the setup is like, what the registration process is like, and whether you get your score right away, where do you go to reschedule, etc.

In my opinion, you have to have the experience of taking that version of the exam to be able to teach that certification. Things change version to version. No matter how many degrees you have. I had someone who had a Master's degree in Cybersecurity in one of my A+ classes, yet they had never set up antivirus before. I am 100% serious. Degrees and certifications are not equivalent. Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you can teach the material.

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    If they have never gone through the actual testing experience with PearsonVue, how will they answer those questions? We all know there is more to passing CompTIA certifications than knowledge. It is also the skill to be able to sit for the test and pass it. Regarding the wording, navigating PBQs, whether you get a calculator or not, what the setup is like, what the registration process is like, and whether you get your score right away, where do you go to reschedule, etc.

In my opinion, you have to have the experience of taking that version of the exam to be able to teach that certification. Things change version to version. No matter how many degrees you have. I had someone who had a Master's degree in Cybersecurity in one of my A+ classes, yet they had never set up antivirus before. I am 100% serious. Degrees and certifications are not equivalent. Just because you have a degree doesn't mean you can teach the material.
    My friend I like you comment , you have clearly explained the difference between certification and normal Education.
    Certification means you have knowledge, skills and the right attitude towards the Job role give to you .
    The skill aspect of it is more in certification than the theoretical aspect.

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    True everyone have knowledge. But we also must know what are important things need to teach students. When we get certified we will teach with confidence. Student also will be confidence in trainer is certified. The exam also tests our knowledge in the subject.
    I love that explanation
    The word ' Confidence '

Reactions: Sivanesan

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    I have a trainer who is a PhD in Computer Science specializing in Cyber Security with tons of experience in both lecturing and security project. He can teach the security and network plus courses but does not have the certifications.

Is he required to be certified before training?
    because certification validates your skills and is proof that you have mastered the knowledge and skills covered in training. CompTIA exams are the industry standard for establishing a career in IT and are the preferred qualifying credentials for technical support and IT operational roles.

Gregory Childers

Oct 22, 2019
    Safety Harbor, FL
    www.linkedin.com
    because certification validates your skills and is proof that you have mastered the knowledge and skills covered in training. CompTIA exams are the industry standard for establishing a career in IT and are the preferred qualifying credentials for technical support and IT operational roles.
    Certifications are proof you can achieve a passing criteria on a standardized exam. Mastery takes much more than passing an exam.

I work twice as hard preparing to teach a class than I ever do preparing to pass an exam.

Sivanesan

Jun 4, 2020
    Malaysia
    Certifications are proof you can achieve a passing criteria on a standardized exam. Mastery takes much more than passing an exam.

I work twice as hard preparing to teach a class than I ever do preparing to pass an exam.
    True we need to prepare well. Before we teach.