Best way to renew all 15 CompTIA Certifications

Matthew Browne

• May 14, 2021
    Ireland
    www.focus-it.ie
    Hey Nick

thanks for that but im looking for the best way to renew all certifications Renewing Casp+ / highest intent level on covers so many of them there are a few out of scope example, don't see a mention of Data+ and Data systems+

Regards
    Matthew

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Hey Community

I have a question, what's the best way to renew all 15 CompTIA Certifications?

any help appreciated

Kind regards
    Matthew
    Perhaps the CE program may be the better thing for you, earning the necessary credits each year to keep your certifications up to date. I don't know of any Coup De Grace methods to renew all 15 certs in one shot - or just get into a rhythm of updating certifications regularly over a three year cycle by retaking the exam with updated versions.

Make sense?

/r

There is no way to renew all 15 CompTIA certifications at the same time.

Some of the certifications are "good for life" and do not require renewal (Cloud Essentials+, CTT+, ITF+, Project+, Server+).

Renewing the highest level certification in a track renews all lower-level certifications. CASP+ renews PenTest+, CySA+, Security+, Network+, and A+. Cloud+ renews Linux+, Network+, and A+. Server+ renews Network+ and A+. DataSys+ and Data+ do not renew each other and must be renewed with CEUs.

In order for higher level certs to renew lower ones from the same pathway, they all must be active and not expired, correct?
    That is correct. Any expired certifications must be retaken with the current version.

Matthew Browne

• May 14, 2021
    Ireland
    www.focus-it.ie
    There is no way to renew all 15 CompTIA certifications at the same time.

Some of the certifications are "good for life" and do not require renewal (Cloud Essentials+, CTT+, ITF+, Project+, Server+).

Renewing the highest level certification in a track renews all lower-level certifications. CASP+ renews PenTest+, CySA+, Security+, Network+, and A+. Cloud+ renews Linux+, Network+, and A+. Server+ renews Network+ and A+. DataSys+ and Data+ do not renew each other and must be renewed with CEUs.

Hey Greg thanks for that all my certification is actve until 2027 so i have time . Yes renewing Casp+ renews a good quantity but there little to no information for data + and data analyst + thats my biggsst issue.

Kind regards
    Matthew

Matthew Browne

• May 14, 2021
    Ireland
    www.focus-it.ie
    Perhaps the CE program may be the better thing for you, earning the necessary credits each year to keep your certifications up to date. I don't know of any Coup De Grace methods to renew all 15 certs in one shot - or just get into a rhythm of updating certifications regularly over a three year cycle by retaking the exam with updated versions.

Make sense?

/r
    Thanks rick ive had a good look through it , as a comptia sme ive reached out to them on this as all mine are valid to 2027 so i have time.

Matthew Browne

• May 14, 2021
    Ireland
    www.focus-it.ie

Make sense?

/r
    Thanks rick ive had a good look through it , as a comptia sme ive reached out to them on this as all mine are valid to 2027 so i have time

Kind regards
    Matthew

Thanks rick ive had a good look through it , as a comptia sme ive reached out to them on this as all mine are valid to 2027 so i have time

Kind regards
    Matthew
    Nice. For me, I have through the end of 2025 to do CASP+ again when it updates. It will just be an ongoing process of renewing and updating - until one day, you retire or something...lol

I just keep attending TTTs and writing them - that way I don't have to understand renewal rules 🤷‍♂️
    I think a lot of the CIN'ers out here are doing it like that. Makes sense - attend the TTT, get the learning material, get the voucher, package deal. But it also does require you to keep up, which can be good for some that need that extra push - like me for example.

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    do not find the other Posting (or was it this Thread), but i usually take the Exams as Part of the TTT, so i renew there.
    Since CASP covers the most, and Cloud+ the rest: i am good.
    As of today, i have all available Certs a few times, including CTT+, CDIA (no longer available) the old Linux+, and the Mobility CE (expired 4 weeks before retiring, forgot to renew that one; but i still count it for here)... Never took the old PDI or SNA Storage Exams (or the mobile App). So i missed a few... in Total 18. Took over 40 Exams *120 min in Average = 4800 min in a Testcenter room = 80hours.:cool:. all in over 15 years or so...
    but i believe some here have more taken Exams and time......