CASP+ Passed!

Edna Chimpeni

Jan 19, 2022
Passed the CASP+ today. I fully expected to fail after not having sufficient time to study. I probably got all the easy questions. :ROFLMAO:

If you're studying to finish this up before the voucher expires, definitely focus on Linux stuff, and know those acronyms inside and out. It was also helpful for me to know how this exam is a bit different from other CompTIA exams I've taken. There's a question where you work in a virtualized environment (looks like it counted for two questions, based on question numbering around it). When you get to that question, you only get one attempt at it, so there's no going back to it later to try again. And they give you a list of tasks before entering the environment that you're not allowed to perform on the VM. Within the virtual environment, they listed a few commands that they said could be helpful, along with a few switches. But they said the list is not exhaustive, and you might need other commands. I also had learned the exam result is Pass/Fail only, no scaled score, and you don't get the result on screen when you finish the exam. It was, however, printed on my report as I was checking out at the testing center.

And that's a wrap for my cert exams this year. If I counted right, I took and passed 10 cert exams in 2022. Seven were new-to-me certs from CompTIA, AWS, and Microsoft. The others were repeats to renew certs. I'm definitely grateful to @Stephen Schneiter and his crew for the TTT programs and the related vouchers!! Beyond the training and vouchers, it also provides a sense of accountability and that extra "push" I need to make me go through with taking these exams more often than I would have otherwise. And the discussions here are invaluable as well!
Wooow! Congratulations on your pass! You really did great in this 2022 year😇

Reactions: Jill West

Joel M

Aug 7, 2019
Passed the CASP+ today. I fully expected to fail after not having sufficient time to study. I probably got all the easy questions. :ROFLMAO:

If you're studying to finish this up before the voucher expires, definitely focus on Linux stuff, and know those acronyms inside and out. It was also helpful for me to know how this exam is a bit different from other CompTIA exams I've taken. There's a question where you work in a virtualized environment (looks like it counted for two questions, based on question numbering around it). When you get to that question, you only get one attempt at it, so there's no going back to it later to try again. And they give you a list of tasks before entering the environment that you're not allowed to perform on the VM. Within the virtual environment, they listed a few commands that they said could be helpful, along with a few switches. But they said the list is not exhaustive, and you might need other commands. I also had learned the exam result is Pass/Fail only, no scaled score, and you don't get the result on screen when you finish the exam. It was, however, printed on my report as I was checking out at the testing center.

And that's a wrap for my cert exams this year. If I counted right, I took and passed 10 cert exams in 2022. Seven were new-to-me certs from CompTIA, AWS, and Microsoft. The others were repeats to renew certs. I'm definitely grateful to @Stephen Schneiter and his crew for the TTT programs and the related vouchers!! Beyond the training and vouchers, it also provides a sense of accountability and that extra "push" I need to make me go through with taking these exams more often than I would have otherwise. And the discussions here are invaluable as well!
Congrats

Joel M

Aug 7, 2019
This is very good to know, as I, too, often leave off the PBQs and GAS questions until later. But perhaps CompTIA is thinking, in order to force the issue and make people take those sooner, to find some kind of mechanism to prevent that. CASP is next up on my list too, so I'll watch for that. And I'll spread the word about that bit, because pushing those questions to the end has been conventional wisdom for training students for the exam.

One thing I also did note from the Cloud+ training material is that if you blow through a VM scenario, you have to wait a fair bit of time for the VM to reset before trying it again. My guess is that the cert exam is the same way, so you only get one crack at it, by virtue of provisioning the VM assets for the learner.

Again, very interesting.

One of the things I purposed to do was to answer the question regarding CertMaster: Would studying CertMaster, pretty much by itself, prepare a candidate for this exam?

When we reference "Linux Stuff", are we talking about the stuff noted in Objective 2.9, tools for Forensic Analysis? Tools like ssdeep, vmstat, ldd, and the like? Because I didn't see anything in the training materials for Linux, other than this stuff.

View attachment 1108

I figure I'll find out soon enough, though.

Ridiculous. You're not fooling anyone, Jill. You don't get to be a book author and play the "easy questions" card. Sorry. Not buying it. I think it's well-deserved, so my congrats to you on your latest win, as well as on the string of passes for this year. Rock on, sista.

/r
Time for me to rethink my practice sessions before the 28th! I too have been putting PBQs to the end. I've been using Certmaster Learn, Practice, and other resources to get ready for CASP+. I don't think I did too well on CySA+ Beta though; got 5 PBQs that I didn't see before in any products, so I just hope my Q&As were good... Congrats to all who passed and those who will pass any exams left for 2022!

Reactions: Jill West
Is it possible to write CASP exam online and not through a testing Centre like Pearson Vue? Am having a challenge to book for the exam as the Centre is not appearing when I choose CASP exam.
It should be available with OnVUE. It was an option when I was signing up for mine and I've read testimonials of those who took and passed it using OnVUE. /r

It should be available with OnVUE. It was an option when I was signing up for mine and I've read testimonials of those who took and passed it using OnVUE. /r
I have tried to schedule my CASP exam using OnVUE but there are no appointment dates available in December, see attached file and the Vouchers expires on 31st December,2022

Attachments

• Pearson VUE - Find an appointment.pdf
    262.9 KB · Views: 2