CertMaster Learn and Labs

jgoodrich

• Jun 23, 2020
    Lansing, Michigan
    I have a question, I have a student who bought CertMaster Learn and Labs, I don't use them in class but the student wanted to have them to study on their own for a test.

However, the student failed and wants to reset CertMaster Learn and Labs to start studying over again. Is there any way to reset back to zero on everything?

Thank you.

Josh

Reactions: Fanuel

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    The student failed the test after preparing with CertMaster Learn and Labs? That is a pretty sad statement about the product.
    Is it really the material's fault if a student fails a test? Did they do everything, beyond the minimum? Did they drill down through the objectives in addition to all that the CertMaster Learn plus Labs offers? Which exam was it?

I have always told my students that the best trainer in the world cannot guarantee a passing score. It is up to the student to do the work. Based on a student's experience, they may have to study more or less. Do more reading or less. Do more labs or fewer. Take more practice exams or fewer.

I can only pass the exams that I take. The students pass or fail on their own merits, regardless of the quality of instruction or materials.

The student failed the test after preparing with CertMaster Learn and Labs? That is a pretty sad statement about the product.
    I don't agree. The product is sound and compared to other products on the market a bargain. Some student's prepare via CertMaster by browsing the material and others actually study, take notes, ask questions, and absorb the material. And in the end there is much more to passing the test than 'knowing' the material. I've read reports (almost weekly on Reddit) of people passing CompTIA exams with just a few days or minutes of preparation. I imagine that those are people who have developed skills about how to respond to assessments (or cheated).

jsgoodrich2

Apr 10, 2023

Jwehrle

The response I got back from your team was that it could not be done. (Sorry for some reason my prior account went away and now I have it under this account.)

Kyle Anderson (CompTIA)
    Apr 10, 2023, 11:58 AM CST
    Hello Joshua,

Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, it is not possible to reset the course as a whole. As stated below:

So not sure how to get it reset. I told them I would try it on mine.

Seems odd that they can't do this.

As for comments about did students try, don't know. They are high school students so I try to help them as much as I can. If they want it reset I will see if it can be done.

Josh