CIN TTT Security+

According to yesterday's Sec+ Sneak Peek, there are two TTTs for Sec+ that will run concurrently: one using CertMaster, and one using TestOut. I think that's the primary difference between them? Here are links:

Security+
TestOut Security Pro
I'll be leading the TTT where I'll be using the CertMaster table of contents and hopefully reviewing some of the CertMaster Labs. The 'CertMaster' TTT I'm developing will be for instructors using CertMaster or other instructional material in a commercial or non-academic setting. That's not to say that the academic crowd wouldn't thoroughly enjoy and greatly benefit the CertMaster TTT. :)

Trevor Chandler

Jul 4, 2020
According to yesterday's Sec+ Sneak Peek, there are two TTTs for Sec+ that will run concurrently: one using CertMaster, and one using TestOut. I think that's the primary difference between them? Here are links:

Security+
TestOut Security Pro
Thanks Jill. I was attending that very Sneak Peek that you're referencing. That just goes to show you that I wasn't paying attention to entire time. I deserve detention :) Hope you're safe and well!!!

• Haha
Reactions: Jill West

Trevor Chandler

Jul 4, 2020
I'll be leading the TTT where I'll be using the CertMaster table of contents and hopefully reviewing some of the CertMaster Labs. The 'CertMaster' TTT I'm developing will be for instructors using CertMaster or other instructional material in a commercial or non-academic setting. That's not to say that the academic crowd wouldn't thoroughly enjoy and greatly benefit the CertMaster TTT. :)
Thanks Brian. I'm going to attend you the one that you'll be leading. Why? Because you're leading it!!! And I just dropped the mic :) See ya then!!!

Reactions: BrianFord

Security+
TestOut Security Pro
Need to figure out how to get in them both. Would be insightful to see the differences before the products get pushed together into the "unified" product..

Trevor Chandler

Jul 4, 2020
Quite right. I think there are a pile of chalkboard erasers that will need a thorough cleaning.
Where's your empathy for an old guy :) If you were officiating a trial in which I was the defendant, I would through myself on the mercy of the court. The plaintiff really wouldn't need any legal representation :cool:

Edna Chimpeni

Jan 19, 2022

A must attend surely😊

Someone should take one sample topic, like how to analyze Nmap results, and show how both CertMaster and the TestOut engine present those topics.
Great point Mark! My hope is that the comparison would demo that the learning content is the same. The student is expected to know how to use nmap with several different command options. I hope that the diff is only that in CertMaster Labs the student can go off script and experiment with nmap options in the virtual lab where LabSim some of the nmap options would not be supported. Again, I hope. Still waiting to see this.

Where's your empathy for an old guy :) If you were officiating a trial in which I was the defendant, I would through myself on the mercy of the court. The plaintiff really wouldn't need any legal representation :cool:
Empathy I can do. Sympathy is a bit more challenging.

Guilty.

*cleans board and tosses dirty eraser on the pile*

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Can the Security+ TTT Series be used for CE credits?
    Rick, they can be used for credit to update your existing cert. Each session is worth two credit hours. You can download the proof of attendance certificate in each session and upload that on the CE site.

Kwabena Fred

Mar 5, 2023
    Rick, they can be used for credit to update your existing cert. Each session is worth two credit hours. You can download the proof of attendance certificate in each session and upload that on the CE site.
    Great information, I didn’t know this.! Thank you @Stephen Schneiter for this update.