Classroom Signage

BrianFord

Jun 26, 2023
Flagler Beach, FL
fordsnotes.com
Hello All,

My Classes start up in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what you all use as posters for your classroom

I teach adults A+ and Network+ and just looking for ideas?

Thanks!
When I taught in a classroom I always sought out relevant posters and made sure they were in place students would see them entering and exiting the room and near the break room area. Great conversation starter and for reinforcement of concepts. A great source used to be SANS and some of the chip vendors. Novell in the old days. There are lots of cyber vendors that will share their info graphics (in a large scale printable format) if you ask.

Another suggest is to put up an easel or wall mounted large pad. I prefer the unlined versions but many come with lines. If I need to illustrate something I draw a picture using a marker on the pad and then when done tear it off and post it on the wall nearby. It's great for topics that you know you are going to talk about again later in the course. If it's a critical topic I'll draw a the picture but sometimes to wake folks up I'll ask a student to stand up and draw a picture to illustrate something. Extra points if you ask the student to draw something that is on a poster nearby (reinforcement).

In the virtual classroom I sometimes use a Wacom tablet to help draw on the course slides. My 16 year old Wacom died recently and I bought a new wireless model from AMZ for like $50. The new tablet let me program buttons to save my markup to a file and to print the marked up image. Very helpful!

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    In the virtual classroom I sometimes use a Wacom tablet to help draw on the course slides. My 16 year old Wacom died recently and I bought a new wireless model from AMZ for like $50. The new tablet let me program buttons to save my markup to a file and to print the marked up image. Very helpful!
    I'll second this point. I have an older, goofy Huion that I use with MSFT Whiteboard. One of my favorite online instructors is John Savill and he uses that with a huge Dell display - that's a great way for sketchers like me.

/r

Reactions: James P.