Clear explaination about CompTIA Expert Level

admar

Jan 18, 2022
Luanda
Mates, Friends

Please make me clear:

I know that to be an Cybersecurity CompTIA Expert Level need to pass for those path:

CompTIA Security Infrastructure Expert
(Security+ / CySA+ / PenTest+ / CASP+)
or
CompTIA Security Analytics Expert
(Security+ / CySA+ / CASP+)

My question is: What is the expiry date for Expert level once a candidate achieves the goal? and

my other point to be clear for example: someone passed Security+ after 4 years, CySA+ and then 3 years passed Casp+ . Can this one be seen like an Expert Level even one of certification not updated?

Best regards

The CompTIA stackable certifications, such as the CSIE and CSAE, are valid as long as the individual certs are valid. As soon as one of them expires, the stackable certification expires. If you take them in order (Security+, CySA and PenTest+, CASP+), each higher level certification will renew the lower level certifications.

I recently passed the CASP+, which renewed the following certifications:

PenTest+
CySA+
Security+
Network+
A+

and stackable certifications:

CSAE
CSIE
CNSP
CNVP
CSAP
CSIS
CIOS

If any of the certifications have expired, you will have to take the exam again to renew it. That is why it is easier to take them in order, and to only renew the highest level certification every three years.

Patrick Asamago

Oct 2, 2021
The CompTIA stackable certifications, such as the CSIE and CSAE, are valid as long as the individual certs are valid. As soon as one of them expires, the stackable certification expires. If you take them in order (Security+, CySA and PenTest+, CASP+), each higher level certification will renew the lower level certifications.

PenTest+
CySA+
Security+
Network+
A+

CSAE
CSIE
CNSP
CNVP
CSAP
CSIS
CIOS

If any of the certifications have expired, you will have to take the exam again to renew it. That is why it is easier to take them in order, and to only renew the highest level certification every three years.
Thank you @Gregory Childers, you explanations have made wiser.

admar

Jan 18, 2022
Luanda

PenTest+
CySA+
Security+
Network+
A+

CSAE
CSIE
CNSP
CNVP
CSAP
CSIS
CIOS

Thanks for the wise explanations. Another question is the following:
Is it mandatory to follow the sequence of certifications?

Thanks for the wise explanations. Another question is the following:
Is it mandatory to follow the sequence of certifications?
It's not mandatory to follow the sequence. However, earning higher level certifications will renew lower level certifications, so it's more efficient to take the exams in a specific sequence so that each subsequent certification renews each previous one.

For example:

If you take A+ then Network+ then Security+, your renewal date for all three will be the date you passed the Security+.

If you take Security+ then A+ then Network+, your Sec+ is valid for three years since the day you passed it and A+ and Net+ are good for three years since you passed the Net+.

If you take Security+ then Network+ then A+, each one of them is valid for three years from the date you passed each one.

The following link shows you which higher level exams renew which lower level exams.

As I said before, I recently passed the CASP+, which renewed my A+, Network+, Security+, CySA+, and PenTest+ so that I don't have to renew them individually.

If I understand your question in your first post, four years ago you passed Security+ and CySA+. If you passed them in that order, CySA+ renewed the expiration date of your Security+. If you passed the CASP+ three years ago, it renewed your Security+ and CySA+. If it has been longer than three years since the date you passed the CASP+, all of them have expired and you will need to retake them to make them current again.

If you know your CompTIA single-sign on information and have your CompTIA ID number (which would be on your exam report), you can log into the following site to keep track of all your CompTIA certifications and their expiration dates.

Last edited: