Cloud+ beta, february 2024

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
EDIT: Let me rephrase my post, instead of ranting like a jealous child. :)

Has anyone here received an invite for the current Cloud+ beta?

I have missed out on multiple fun betas, because they didn't get publicly posted. Instead the invite was emailed to a limited group of people, whose demographics I don't know.

@Stephen Schneiter can you enlighten me? What is the process for inviting people into the betas?

Last edited:

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
That's also what the people on Reddit are saying: they got the invite, but can't find it in the PV portal.

Someone in that thread echoed a thought I had: what if it's phishing? But I've kinda dismissed that thought, because it would have to be rather targeted at people who are already invested in CompTIA certifications.

@Jill West : if this is a closed beta, like CASP+ a few years back, then I would expect a link in the email which takes you to a questionnaire. And only if you got through the questionnaire you would be given a PAC.

Could you please quote the actual call-to-action that's in the email?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jill West

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    That's also what the people on Reddit are saying: they got the invite, but can't find it in the PV portal.
    Interesting... will keep checking back on it then. If it's just an exam that's listed on the site, and a PAC is not required, you should be able to register for it (once it's available) even if you didn't get the invite, right?

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    Interesting... will keep checking back on it then. If it's just an exam that's listed on the site, and a PAC is not required, you should be able to register for it (once it's available) even if you didn't get the invite, right?
    Correct, yes. But it's not on the site.

Plus apparently the email mentions a deadline of February 5th? Would they even put it online, for four weeks?

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA

Someone in that thread echoed a thought I had: what if it's phishing? But I've kinda dismissed that thought, because it would have to be rather targeted at people who are already invested in CompTIA certifications.

@Jill West : if this is a closed beta, like CASP+ a few years back, then I would expect a link in the email which takes you to a questionnaire. And only if you got through the questionnaire you would be given a PAC.

Could you please quote the actual call-to-action that's in the email?
    Here are the steps given:

To register follow these 5 simple steps:

1. Sign in or create an account
    2. Click “View Exams”
    3. Find CompTIA Cloud+ Beta Exam
    4. Follow the instructions to complete your registration
    Take your exam by February 5, 2024.

The button in the email goes to link.comptia.org followed by a lot of characters (looks pretty typical for something like this).

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    Correct, yes. But it's not on the site.

Plus apparently the email mentions a deadline of February 5th? Would they even put it online, for four weeks?
    That did seem like a really fast turnaround. It's not even "register for the exam by Feb 5," it's "take the exam by...."

• Wow
    Reactions: Tess Sluijter

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    It's live! Move, move, move! 🏃🏎️🏇🏻

I guess the marketing email was sent before PearsonVue were ready. :D

Screenshot 2024-01-10 at 21.18.45.png

The objectives document is here. No wonder I couldn't find it: it's not CV1-004, but "CV0-004 draft".

EDIT:

Oooohhh, objective 5.0 is brand-spanking new, with DevOps concepts. A shame it only weighs in at 10%, but still!

Last edited:
    Even though I didn't receive the email, I scheduled the beta exam through Pearson Vue. My old Cloud+ is good through 2026, so it wouldn't add much more time. CompTIA requires me to re-certify when new versions come out, so I might as well do the Beta.

Last edited:

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    I couldn't find create an account option
    Why do you need to create an account?

I'm assuming you already have CompTIA certifications, so you can just login at https://login.comptia.org

Then you hop through to the PearsonVue portal via "Schedule your exam". And there you can find CV1-004, the Cloud+ beta.

Robina

• Nov 5, 2021
    Pakistan
    Why do you need to create an account?

I'm assuming you already have CompTIA certifications, so you can just login at https://login.comptia.org

Then you hop through to the PearsonVue portal via "Schedule your exam". And there you can find CV1-004, the Cloud+ beta.
    Thanks for the correction , I was creating account on PV my mistake

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    I took the beta for Cloud+ this morning.

Overall, I'm more positive about it than I was for the CV1-003 beta. Generally, the questions were more diverse than last time and the amount of questions that made me go "ugh this is not how it works!" was limited.

I'm not a fan of the PBQs that I saw. Most of them didn't really have a relation to real-life work or situations.

Plus, I'll scream if I have to see one more bad stock photograph of a blue sky with white clouds. o_O