Comptia Certified Instructor

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
If some one going to teach Microsoft course he introduce himself as an MCT and some of them proudly shows his MCT certificate
Same for Amazon
Same for Cisco

What about Comptia ?
I hope in the future will be the same as Microsoft,Amazon.Cisco,.........
Note:
Being member of CIN is not enough in this area,I hope to have a clear certificate of authorization of teaching Comptia products.
I

I believe CompTIA is sunsetting their certified trainer program and certification.

If you need to build training/public speaking credibility, I suggest creating some five minute videos and putting them on YouTube. I suggest one of these three topics:

1. How DHCP works.
2. How DNS works.
3. How phishing and spoofed websites trick innocent users.

After showing proficiency on the training/public speaking front, you can present your CompTia certs for the classes you are trying to deliver.

Peyton G

May 4, 2023
(^New to posting, if there is a way to embed or reply to a post from another thread, I am not familiar)

I didn't really follow Partner Summit news overall, but I saw this while perusing threads the other day. While they are sunsetting the current CTT+ it seems that something else is in the pipeline for an equivalent cert? I will be keeping an eye on it.

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
I believe CompTIA is sunsetting their certified trainer program and certification.

If you need to build training/public speaking credibility, I suggest creating some five minute videos and putting them on YouTube. I suggest one of these three topics:

1. How DHCP works.
2. How DNS works.
3. How phishing and spoofed websites trick innocent users.

After showing proficiency on the training/public speaking front, you can present your CompTia certs for the classes you are trying to deliver.
I do not think it is the proper way.simply students specially in big organizations is looking for certified trainr with authorized training skills like MCT,CCSI ,CAI,...
I still belive that comptia have to take this step "it is a weaken point in Comptia training"

If some one going to teach Microsoft course he introduce himself as an MCT and some of them proudly shows his MCT certificate
Same for Amazon
Same for Cisco

What about Comptia ?
I hope in the future will be the same as Microsoft,Amazon.Cisco,.........
Note:
Being member of CIN is not enough in this area,I hope to have a clear certificate of authorization of teaching Comptia products.
I
The three programs that you cited are vastly different in their requirements to become a certified instructor. To the best of my knowledge none of the programs you cited recognizes teaching credentials achieved through a college or university program. I know for a fact that one of those programs requires that instructors be 'sponsored' by a training organization before they can be certified. That's a barrier that separates talented instructors from students and gives power to training organizations to control instructor work schedules and pay rates. Not to mention that many training organizations use different training materials from different sources and of varying quality. These training organizations offer very different training environments; for example many training organizations do not offer labs or provide students with access to class recording. Too many training organizations don't prepare students for jobs and careers but simply to achieve a passing score on an exam.

I was a Novell Certified Instructor (CNI) in the 80s and 90s when Novell's program produced instructor rating (we called them batting averages) based on surveys that students had to complete before they were given a certificate of course completion. You had to test (an exam and practical) to become a CNI but the true value of the program wasn't that you could display a certificate but that you were scored for each course you led and those scores were available to training center managers.

The CTT program was a great start but had aged. I hope that CompTIA offers a new instructor development and certification program that's open to all and is focused on getting talented people working with students to produce positive outcomes.

Dan

• Apr 24, 2021
    I teach an A+ course at my college, and I don't have a CTT+ certification, and quite honestly, I don't have any intention to get it. Aside from my experience and currently holding the cert, I'm a certified instructor in 2 other disciplines, have presented at local, state, and national conferences, and am (very slowly) completing a masters degree.

Realistically speaking, being employed by a teaching agency and being evaluated by an experienced instructor for feedback is what helps a person become a good instructor.

Reactions: BrianFord
    I teach an A+ course at my college, and I don't have a CTT+ certification, and quite honestly, I don't have any intention to get it. Aside from my experience and currently holding the cert, I'm a certified instructor in 2 other disciplines, have presented at local, state, and national conferences, and am (very slowly) completing a masters degree.

Realistically speaking, being employed by a teaching agency and being evaluated by an experienced instructor for feedback is what helps a person become a good instructor.
    You're not wrong.

Yeah, the CTT+ is a bit aged but having taken it (at least the first half...still gotta get that darned demo done), I think it's not a bad thing to have. Sure, not needed to stand in front a group of students and dance, but I've never been one to dis any cert.

I do believe that CompTIA is doing a TechTrainer redux, which I'll be interested to see what that looks like when it rolls out. I think a cert that makes use of CertMaster (and now TestOut) to deliver content online or on-ground, to me, would be a good component of a future tech trainer certificate.

But again, if your institution doesn't require it, well, no one will browbeat if someone doesn't have this or that cert. (In the end, the credibility that really matters is that of the learners in the classroom.