TTT Roadmap

Mike Huisman

• May 27, 2021
    Calgary, AB, CAN
    I know that the TTT Sessions follow the map of which CompTIA certs are being upgraded to new versions, but I've had difficulty figuring out what comes next! I still need to do the exam for Linux+, and I haven't had the time to dive into the last few but am coming into a period where I have more time available.

So, what's next??

I know that the TTT Sessions follow the map of which CompTIA certs are being upgraded to new versions, but I've had difficulty figuring out what comes next! I still need to do the exam for Linux+, and I haven't had the time to dive into the last few but am coming into a period where I have more time available.

So, what's next??
    1. What are your goals in getting certified?
    2. Which ones do you already have and when do they expire?

Mike Huisman

• May 27, 2021
    Calgary, AB, CAN
    I have the Cloud+, Server+, A+, and CCNA. I learned about TTT just at the end of the Security+ sessions. I didn't sit in the Data+ or the last 2(?) because of work. What I teach focuses mainly in Networking (CCNA courses), hardware (A+ level), and Server Operations (Windows Server, Linux, and Active Directory).

So, what's next??
    Well, right now, TTT is doing the DataSys+, which focuses on Database Administration. I'll probably make a run at that one. @RJ Sak is doing a great job with the TTT.

Unless you're obsessed with getting certs, just for the sheer fun of it, I would say, if I were in your position, I would probably stretch into Cloud technologies. Cloud+ from the CompTIA side and then Azure certs that focus on administration of cloud-based networks.

As far as the Roadmap, here are some highpoints from Partner Summit with respect to what's coming, which means the next TTT after DataSys+ is going to be Sec+:

1691772080267.png

CompTIA is re-flagging ITF+ as Tech+ in order to address the Digital Fluency aspect of the IT workforce.

There is also, interestingly, a Tech Trainer certification on the drawing board. I guess we made a loud enough noise that getting rid of CTT+ would leave a major gap. (or at least it pleases me to say so, even if it's not entirely true, but hey, they're doing something there, and that's all that really matters .... sorry Rick's ego)

1691772222116.png

Add in A+_Modular which creates flavors to the A+ certification and the very interesting Xpert Series, there should be no shortage of 'things to do' with respect to getting certified...or at least mop up any remaining time you may have left, after sacrificing sleep, time with kids, and even those precious 15 minutes in the bathroom.

/r

Nice. I've been stretching over onto the MSFT side and working Azure stuff. I have a nasty habit of taking on too many certs at once, but it's also my way of getting around the learning plateau, where you study a subject and cannot study it anymore. So I go learn something else, and see how much of something falls out when I circle back.

Anyone else do it that way?

/r

Reactions: aleibl
    Add in A+_Modular which creates flavors to the A+ certification and the very interesting Xpert Series, there should be no shortage of 'things to do' with respect to getting certified...or at least mop up any remaining time you may have left, after sacrificing sleep, time with kids, and even those precious 15 minutes in the bathroom.

/r
    Didn't A+ have a core exam and three different role-related exams at one point? I seem to recall the A+ being set up this way for one version before they went back to the old (mostly) hardware and (mostly) software exams.

Didn't A+ have a core exam and three different role-related exams at one point? I seem to recall the A+ being set up this way for one version before they went back to the old (mostly) hardware and (mostly) software exams.
    I don't remember this being the case. I took the 101/102 back in the day and remember it being Hardware/Software until, I think it was 901/902 when they went Hardware and Practical Application - then 1001/1002 when it went Core 1 and Core 2. I might be wrong about that...so many revisions over the years....
    Somewhat, it's good to keep looking at fresh topics, but I'm also studying for CCNP - ENCOR, so this is a lot of my fresh material!
    Sounds like a winner, mate. Good luck with that!

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    I have the Cloud+, Server+, A+, and CCNA. I learned about TTT just at the end of the Security+ sessions. I didn't sit in the Data+ or the last 2(?) because of work. What I teach focuses mainly in Networking (CCNA courses), hardware (A+ level), and Server Operations (Windows Server, Linux, and Active Directory).
    Based on your background, you may opt to take Network+ next.
    You already got CCNA and you said you are studying CCNP, so a network-related cert would be good. :)

just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Jill West

aleibl

• Nov 7, 2019
    Nice. I've been stretching over onto the MSFT side and working Azure stuff. I have a nasty habit of taking on too many certs at once, but it's also my way of getting around the learning plateau, where you study a subject and cannot study it anymore. So I go learn something else, and see how much of something falls out when I circle back.

Anyone else do it that way?

/r
    🙋‍♂️#metoo

I don't remember this being the case. I took the 101/102 back in the day and remember it being Hardware/Software until, I think it was 901/902 when they went Hardware and Practical Application - then 1001/1002 when it went Core 1 and Core 2. I might be wrong about that...so many revisions over the years....
    I found it!

The 220-600 series had the following exams:

220-601 Essentials - This one was required. The candidate could choose one (1) of the following for the other exam.

220-602 IT Technician
    220-603 Remote Support Technician
    220-604 Depot Technician

Last edited:

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA

/r
    The underscore products are just training materials, though, right? Not exams/certs?

The underscore products are just training materials, though, right? Not exams/certs?
    I want to say they were pitched to be certs in their own right? Because, for example, where before it was:

ITF+ -> A+ -> Network+ -> Security+

It would become:

Tech+ -> A+_Cyber -> Security+

...per the slide from PS.

/r

Reactions: Krose

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    I want to say they were pitched to be certs in their own right? Because, for example, where before it was:

ITF+ -> A+ -> Network+ -> Security+

It would become:

Tech+ -> A+_Cyber -> Security+

...per the slide from PS.

/r
    Teresa Sears told me it would just be learning materials--curated course materials to enable students to go straight to the Sec+ course. But maybe I didn't clarify my question well enough? Or maybe they have future plans to create new certs? They also talked about working on digital literacy cert levels, too.

Reactions: Krose
    Teresa Sears told me it would just be learning materials--curated course materials to enable students to go straight to the Sec+ course. But maybe I didn't clarify my question well enough? Or maybe they have future plans to create new certs? They also talked about working on digital literacy cert levels, too.
    You may be right, Jill. Something tells me there may be some integration with the TestOut PRO cert-y-things. I do remember there a fair bit of 'cloudy on the details' yet.