CompTIA course on LinkedIn Learning

Unfortunately, there are far too many people on Reddit who want to do the bare minimum. They want to watch a few abridged videos, go through several hundred (or thousand) practice questions, do a few flashcards, and use ChatGPT to build more practice questions and study guides. They don't want to invest any significant time or resources to building foundational knowledge to carry them through their career. Then, they complain about how difficult it is to find a job in cybersecurity with no experience and very rudimentary skills. Any suggestion that they take a class or read a book is met with derision.

Because who would you rather give you advice? A technical trainer with 23 years training experience and 30 years IT/CS experience or some newbie with no experience who barely squeaked by with a passing score after two or three attempts?

It is exhausting posting on Reddit.

Unfortunately, there are far too many people on Reddit who want to do the bare minimum. They want to watch a few abridged videos, go through several hundred (or thousand) practice questions, do a few flashcards, and use ChatGPT to build more practice questions and study guides. They don't want to invest any significant time or resources to building foundational knowledge to carry them through their career. Then, they complain about how difficult it is to find a job in cybersecurity with no experience and very rudimentary skills. Any suggestion that they take a class or read a book is met with derision.

Because who would you rather give you advice? A technical trainer with 23 years training experience and 30 years IT/CS experience or some newbie with no experience who barely squeaked by with a passing score after two or three attempts?

It is exhausting posting on Reddit.
And that's the reason why I kinda stopped posting on Reddit - that place is like going into a biker rumble with a wet sock, rather than a heavy chain.

I think we all can certainly agree that the best students and the ones for which we are in the business are those that work hard and want to succeed. Those are the ones who really don't care that much about the exam itself, because they'll pass it from just being awesome.

Then there are those that want it but don't want to work for it. That's your entitled class - the ones that want what we gained with hard work and countless hours learning. They want to strut around, acting like they are amazing because they have a few certs, but then when you put them on a real task, they can't perform. These are the students that clearly devalue the certs, by just their mere presence. These are also your 'paper certs', 'brain dump chumps', and other assorted losers.

I was gonna say, "but you gotta also love that latter class, because they just make all of those hard worker types look better", but then, cynical me says the pool is so flooded with 'em that it's hard to find a really good candidate who is both certified and knows his/her stuff.