CompTIA Extends A+ Brand to Launch More Careers in Technology

CompTIA Extends A+ Brand to Launch More Careers in Technology​

May 23, 2023
DOWNERS GROVE, Ill. CompTIA, the world’s leading certifying body in information technology (IT), today announced plans to expand its CompTIA A+ brand, adding a new suite of introductory resources to prepare aspiring tech professionals for on-the-job success.

The CompTIA A+ underscore (_) technical learning and certificate programs is a series of modular programs that will offer learners greater flexibility to build the depth and breadth of their skills, while expanding accessibility to encourage more people to explore tech career pathway options. The CompTIA A+_ series centers around key knowledge domains and in-demand job roles, including the following areas:

CompTIA A+_cyberCompTIA A+_server
CompTIA A+_networkCompTIA A+_data
CompTIA A+_cloudCompTIA A+_coding

This makes me wonder if A+_cyber will prompt DoD to amend Directives 8570/8140 to allow that to serve as basic security training for folks who are in technical fields but are not needing the advanced knowledge in the Security+. But then, that also means that folks in those roles would have to have the A+, even if they don't work on PC's - such as security camera or VTC technicians, phone technicians and so forth, that the DoD has required carry the Security+, only because there isn't a cert with basic security training for these roles.

I know CompTIA would not want to create a one-off "Security Lite" kind of cert, but in short, that's kind of what's needed for these areas of DoD.

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    I echo Gregory's post.
    These are A+ certificate programs, offered via self-paced online through Coursera.
    Certification remains as Core 1 (1101) and Core 2 (1102).

and I quote, "The first programs in the CompTIA A+_ series are scheduled for availability in October, delivered on Coursera, a leading online learning platform with more than 120 million learners globally. The self-paced programs will feature engaging videos, assessment, and hands-on labs"

I wonder how this will affect the intake with the academic partners.... 🤔