Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    So, the easiest way to do this is to go here: https://www.comptia.org/certifications/ctt.

The CTT+ is unique in that there are two different tracks (Classroom and Virtual) and there are two components, a written exam and a video presentation component.

Should be straightforward enough. Good luck on that and let us all know when you pass!

/r

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    The CTT+ Essentials – TK0-201 exam is a normal CompTIA multiple choice exam. Just get a copy of the official curriculum and study for it. If you've been teaching for a reasonable amount of time, you can probably answer most of the questions already.

The challenge is the second exam. You can take either the CTT+ Classroom Performance Based Exam – TK0-202 or the CTT+ Virtual Classroom Performance Based Exam - TK0 -203. Both of those exams require submitting a video of you teaching. The first one is teaching in a live classroom environment and the second one is teaching in a virtual classroom environment. After you submit the video, CompTIA evaluates it to determine pass/fail.

I passed the TK0-201 Essentials exam back in 2006, but I never submitted a video for the second exam. I should just go ahead and do the video for the second exam so I can get the CTT+.