Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Why do you think CTT+ is so difficult? Seems pretty easy to me - pass the written test and do a 15 minute demonstration. What's making it so tough?

Discounts? Not sure really, probably not from CompTIA, specifically, but maybe if your employer is a CompTIA Approved Partner, then perhaps that's where you might find something.

I believe every cert is worth getting, but it it has to be worth it to you. "Being worth it" is really sort of general, in that, it may be worth it to one person, but not so much to another.

/r

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hi Guys

As a Microsoft MVP MCT MCE AND MCSE holder I find it mad to believe CompTIA Make it so difficult ti be a CompTIA Trainer , is there any discounts for CTT+ is it a path worth pursuing ?

Best Regards
    Matthew
    FYI you may want to check some other threads because the CTT+ retires in March and is not being replaced.

Matthew Browne

• May 14, 2021
    Ireland
    www.focus-it.ie
    Why do you think CTT+ is so difficult? Seems pretty easy to me - pass the written test and do a 15 minute demonstration. What's making it so tough?

Discounts? Not sure really, probably not from CompTIA, specifically, but maybe if your employer is a CompTIA Approved Partner, then perhaps that's where you might find something.

I believe every cert is worth getting, but it it has to be worth it to you. "Being worth it" is really sort of general, in that, it may be worth it to one person, but not so much to another.

/r
    Hey @Rick Butler

Perfect thanks for that

ill take advice onboard and go with it.

kind regards
    Matthew

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    Hi Guys

As a Microsoft MVP MCT MCE AND MCSE holder I find it mad to believe CompTIA Make it so difficult ti be a CompTIA Trainer , is there any discounts for CTT+ is it a path worth pursuing ?

Best Regards
    Matthew
    As a so high decorated Mircosoft Trainer, you should know, that of now, CompTIA has no such requirement to proof your Educational Skills like Microsoft does. MS accept the CTT+ as one of many for that.
    So, since CompTIA accepted you in the CIN, you are an official CompTIA Trainer. There is nothing more to do, as of now.

Regards
    Michael

Last edited:
    It's too bad the CTT+ is being retired. It was the best vendor neutral training certification available. It required passing an exam and submitting a recording of a structured teaching session. Most other training certifications aren't as rigorous.

That being said, any certification only has value if others value it. I have been teaching for 22 years and let my MCT lapse. I have two other training certifications from less well known certification organizations. I passed the exam part of the CTT+ but never submitted a recording for the other part. It has been more than a decade since anyone required me to provide proof of a training certification. MCTs and CCSIs have the added advantage of being authorized to use "official" vendor curriculum, but there are countless trainers teaching the same content from non-official curriculum. Same content, same level of rigor, but from a different publisher. Most of the clients I've had didn't care as long as they received quality training.

I may submit a recording so I can get the CTT+ before it retires. Just for personal gratification.

Reactions: Tess Sluijter
    CTT+ is being retired permanently? Bummer. I remember doing it back before CompTIA purchased it from IBSTPI (we had to submit a 45 minute VHS or BETA tape of our class after writing the written portion). I also got the CPDT from them too.

However, I can understand why it is being retired - looking over the original 14 competencies, it may not be entirely relevant in today's day and age.

• Wow
    Reactions: Tess Sluijter

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    We need the

CompTIA CTT+ Essentials (TK0-201) Voucher​

and one of the

TK0-202 or​

TK0-203 accourding to the Website.. So 700 US$ to spend...​

Since the Recording evaluation takes 2-3 Weeks, does that mean, it has to be submitted till March 10? or will everything graded, that is uploaded by March 31st?
    I would really like to know this as well. Is March 31st the deadline to have the recordings for 202/203 submitted, or do they need to be submitted early enough to be evaluated by then?

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    The Submission Form (which is quite a Challange to fill out ;-) says:
    Exams are processed and scored within 2 to 3 weeks from the time of their receipt.
    (could be more, when a lot of People take these before EoL).
    So i assume, it is best, to deliver the Video by End of Feb. to be in Time with the Processing of the Video, which should then be a responsibilty of CompTIA. Also you buy the Voucher and enter the Number in the Submission Form.

I think i go for the Virtual Classroom and use CompTIA Security+ Modul for Submission... ;-)

Michael

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    I assume i will go for the Virtual.
    But in the End one of two should be enough:

In 5 Years not many will remember what CTT+ probably was.
    Online is the more focus, even with hybrid training.
    IT is easier and cheaper (you pay only one Exam Video Submission).
    You can concentrate on producing an preparing one of the Videos.
    Did you read the Requirements in the Submission Forms?

It is not just the Video..

CTT+ Guidelines and Forms​

Also Online is recording easier. Just start the Sessionrecording in Teams or whatever you use.

Michael

KGreen

Nov 2, 2021
    I assume i will go for the Virtual.
    But in the End one of two should be enough:

In 5 Years not many will remember what CTT+ probably was.
    Online is the more focus, even with hybrid training.
    IT is easier and cheaper (you pay only one Exam Video Submission).
    You can concentrate on producing an preparing one of the Videos.
    Did you read the Requirements in the Submission Forms?

It is not just the Video..

CTT+ Guidelines and Forms​

Also Online is recording easier. Just start the Sessionrecording in Teams or whatever you use.

Michael
    Yes, I've got the requirements. Yes, 2 out of 3 are required... it's the decision of which the 2nd should be...
    Classroom you have less tech to go snafu. Virtual you need to have plans on what you will do if you have problems, and what to do if a student has problems... and what to do if you both have problems... (ex: winter storms, power outage, ISP down)
    My question is not which is easier. I'm not doing this for easier. My question is which will be most relevant for hybrid containing aspects of both classroom and online.

Reactions: Fanuel