Has anyone taken the Udemy TK0-201 CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer CTT+ Essentials Practice tests course:

https://www.udemy.com/course/tk0-20...cal-trainer-ctt-essentials/learn/quiz/4921819 ?

How useful was the practice course for the CTT+ Essentials exam?
Hi Jean

The Udemy Course is beneficial along with the quizzes but also use the All in one exam for the CTT+ Below is a link if you dont already have it. Let mw know if you have any further questions.

CompTIA CTT+ Certified Technical Trainer All-in-One Exam Guide https://a.co/d/5kqv1Ql

Reactions: Kwabena Fred
I couldn't find any good resources when I passed the TK0-001 back in February 2016, so I just went in and took it blind. I passed it rather easily. I had been teaching for six years at that point, so it felt like an exam on my everyday job.

I still haven't recorded the video for the second part. I've gone 17 years without it, but now that the certification is retiring, I might just go ahead and finish.

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
Congrats!!! A pass is a pass!
Thanks for that. Took me long enough to get it done.
I took it in March and passed with no issue. I found the All In One Guide a lot better. The Udemy course was very much an overview. If I had to pick 1 resource I'd say go with the All In One Guide.
I didn't much care for the All-in-One guide. I can agree with you there - far too much fluff material. I expected more material on models like Kolb and Gagne. Much more scenarios about what to do with disruptive students, which I felt were a matter of opinion, based on the answers.

Reactions: Kwabena Fred
Congratulations!
Scheduled to take it. Any last words of advice?
Actually, I do have a few:

1) 95 questions in 90 minutes. Don't dawdle. If it's a long question, mark it and come back. There is plenty of low hanging fruit. I didn't see really any "questions-answering-other-questions" type stuff, so that's not a good strategy.

2) Don't overthink. Us instructors have opinions based on situation. Easy to overcomplicate those simple questions.

3) Passing is 655. It's not too tough if you've been in the classroom and have reviewed the Phillips book or Udemy course.

4) Don't do like I did and go into the exam with stuff on your mind and low sleep. When I do that, I get impatient, read through questions too fast, and make mistakes.

Good luck!

/r

KGreen

Nov 2, 2021
Actually, I do have a few:

1) 95 questions in 90 minutes. Don't dawdle. If it's a long question, mark it and come back. There is plenty of low hanging fruit. I didn't see really any "questions-answering-other-questions" type stuff, so that's not a good strategy.

2) Don't overthink. Us instructors have opinions based on situation. Easy to overcomplicate those simple questions.

3) Passing is 655. It's not too tough if you've been in the classroom and have reviewed the Phillips book or Udemy course.

4) Don't do like I did and go into the exam with stuff on your mind and low sleep. When I do that, I get impatient, read through questions too fast, and make mistakes.

Good luck!

/r
As always, you rock Rick! Thanks.

KGreen

Nov 2, 2021
Major quandry. I've made training (not used canned) which was excellent practice. I have the option to submit a 25 minute recording which had audience, me, and slides clear in the video... or 20 minutes which had audience, me, but slides were washed out and not really visible on recording. Specifications say judges are supposed to stop watching at 22 minutes, and you must have 2 or more ways to present information in your training. I had slides, handouts, an activity with colored pencils, a scenario, and a teensy bit of whiteboard (also not well visible in the 20 minute recording).

Which would you recommend submitting? It's the final days...