CySA+ Baby, Yes!

1587775784562.pngWell, after a grueling 2 1/2 hours, I did it. Passed the CySA+. 838/900. I thought I duffed it, and here, I get a respectable score. Thank the Lord Almighty - I was praying the entire time.

Overall, it has to have been one of the most challenging certs I've taken to date. I am looking forward to PenTest+ and eventually, CASP+, along with the other certs in the Irongeek. Took the 001, though, since that's the one on which I've been working for ever.

So, I think I've earned my glass of mead this evening. But many thanks to all in CIN and the countless others that stood by my constant prattling over "getting that damned test done", and the eyerolls of "we've heard that before". And I heard that 002 is even more fun. Will have to try it sometime, after I finish up the pile of other certs I need to finish.

Meanwhile, I walk out of the testing room, pick up my cell phone, and the world's on fire, because the outfit that runs our DNS host had a catastrophic failure - so the company's e-mail and external web site is down. Day after day, everything is dead quiet, but today, a Friday, when it would be more quiet (one would think), the world is blowing up outside while I'm melting my brain in the test room. My junior partner even drove to my house, because only my VP knew I was taking a test that day. How the heck does this kind of thing happen? I'll be remembering this story.

Well, that's my Friday, as I sit here, waiting for our DNS host to fix their server and get back up. But I had to jump on here and do a virtual celebration dance. This one was hard fought.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

/r

Ramasankar

Nov 19, 2019
View attachment 169Well, after a grueling 2 1/2 hours, I did it. Passed the CySA+. 838/900. I thought I duffed it, and here, I get a respectable score. Thank the Lord Almighty - I was praying the entire time.

Overall, it has to have been one of the most challenging certs I've taken to date. I am looking forward to PenTest+ and eventually, CASP+, along with the other certs in the Irongeek. Took the 001, though, since that's the one on which I've been working for ever.

So, I think I've earned my glass of mead this evening. But many thanks to all in CIN and the countless others that stood by my constant prattling over "getting that damned test done", and the eyerolls of "we've heard that before". And I heard that 002 is even more fun. Will have to try it sometime, after I finish up the pile of other certs I need to finish.

Meanwhile, I walk out of the testing room, pick up my cell phone, and the world's on fire, because the outfit that runs our DNS host had a catastrophic failure - so the company's e-mail and external web site is down. Day after day, everything is dead quiet, but today, a Friday, when it would be more quiet (one would think), the world is blowing up outside while I'm melting my brain in the test room. My junior partner even drove to my house, because only my VP knew I was taking a test that day. How the heck does this kind of thing happen? I'll be remembering this story.

Well, that's my Friday, as I sit here, waiting for our DNS host to fix their server and get back up. But I had to jump on here and do a virtual celebration dance. This one was hard fought.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

/r
Congratulations Rick. Paid off for all the hard work you put in.

Reactions: Rick Butler
Thanks Stephen - I reached a point where I just couldn't study it anymore and I had to take the test.

So, what's next? The A+, Net+, Sec+ trifecta in short order, followed up by Cloud Essentials+, Linux+, PenTest+, and the CASP.

Just a couple to get done to earn the title of Mr. CompTIA. :p

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    So, what's next? The A+, Net+, Sec+ trifecta in short order, followed up by Cloud Essentials+, Linux+, PenTest+, and the CASP.
    Just a couple to get done to earn the title of Mr. CompTIA. :p

AHHH, the ever illusive CompTIA Everything+! Good Hunting!

Reactions: Rick Butler

Stephen Schneiter

Administrator
    Staff member
  • Nov 26, 2018
    Knoxville, TN
    Congrats! I was very happy to receive my Beta pass a few days ago :) Looking forward to CompTIA's next security-related Beta.

Congrats @Tess Sluijter! Great job on the beta! Security+ will be next to renew, but I do not believe there will be a beta for that one.

Great work on the Beta @Tess Sluijter! I heard it was tripping up a few folks - I didn't take it, as I was preparing for the 001 all this time - I had to finish that. That's my problem. I go all "squirrel" for a new exam and I have to tell myself, "Focus on this one first, then onto the next."

Everything+ - I love it... there's another badge idea for CIN, @Stephen Schneiter

Reactions: Tess Sluijter