Happy SysAdmin Day (yes, I know it's a day late)

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Well, I wouldn't say "yes". But I wouldn't say "no" either.
    Perhaps the best answer for whether users are muppets is "Mah Nà Mah Nà."
    Well, I've never had balloons come down in my office. Ceiling with water - yep. And once, I pulled a ceiling tile and a hangman's noose fell out, made of CAT5 cable. My IT career has wrought all kinds of cynicism, so, Jason, you may just be far more gracious than I. Instead of Mahna Manha, probably something from Dethklok. The Duncan Hills Coffee Jingle comes to bear here, particularly when our esteemed user population doesn't get this hint:

1659367088512.png

I once made a very large circus sized hammer out of shipping tubes sent to me from CompTIA. This was to send a message that gaming was not allowed during class session hours. I'll dig up the picture at some point.

We once took a handful of CAT5 cable and turned it into....get ready for this...a CAT5 of Nine Tails. It hung on my wall for a couple years. No off-color jokes on this one, please.

And this poster adorned my office for the four years that I ran the Computer Program at our school, and a few years after that, until @Glenn Hobbs moved in there. Anyone who banged their head got to sign it and put up tick marks. I had about 30 on there.

1659366595004.png

/r

@Rick, that sign was gone by the time I got the office. However, it sure does bring back memories. You can still take comfort in knowing that ban hammer is still in here. It's great when prospective students ask about it.
    This is an older pic from 2015, but here it is in all its intimidating glory - the Anti-Gaming Ban Hammer (AGBH). Maybe one day, we should actually paint it...

IMG_20150625_160631373_sm.jpg