How much time train Security+?

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    A client just asked me to train Security+ 3 hours/day, 3 days/week. Students already finished the A+ course. The Presentation Planner charts an 8-week Seminar structure. Is an 8-week timeline feasible with 9 hours/week?
    Do they have Network+ as well?

If they have Net+, I'd say you can intelligently teach it between 40-60 hours with lab work - personally, that's ambitious in my book, but it can work. I would say it will require the student have six more weeks of on-their-own training at 1-2 hours a night to get to where they are ready to attempt to the exam.

8 weeks at 9 hours is 72 hours of overall training - I think you can make that work and have a really good course.

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
    Cleveland, Ohio
    A client just asked me to train Security+ 3 hours/day, 3 days/week. Students already finished the A+ course. The Presentation Planner charts an 8-week Seminar structure. Is an 8-week timeline feasible with 9 hours/week?
    I do it in 40 hours of lecture only, labs take another 20 or so hours like @Gregory Childers said. Doesn't matter if it is a single 40-hour week, or 40 hours spread over 8 weeks.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    @Gregory Childers @Rick Butler @Abby N Krane

I have a similar question. I'm planning on training the Security+ sometime late July. I am planning on training for approximately 80hrs. This would include setting aside time to utilize the practice test for 8rs of prep. What are your thoughts on this type of training format?

Thanks Ciners
    I think it'd work. Plan it well and communicate that plan it to your students and you'll have an amazing experience.

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    It is feasible.

Within a week, you can spend 1 or 2 days for lecture, then day 3 for the students to do laboratory.
    There are topics which may need more labs tho, for which you may want to spend 1 day lecture then 2 days lab.

Where a student may need more than 3 hours for a lab, you may ask them to do it as an assignment, via virtual machine.

Reactions: Fanuel

Brian Wafula

• Mar 30, 2023
    Nairobi
    wafula.me
    I had Network+ on 22/12/2022 and sat for Security+ on 9/1/2023 and passed. That was just 15 days non-stop studying! But it was no mean fit,