I failed the CompTIA CAS-004 exam

admar

Jan 18, 2022
Luanda
Buddy
Don't worry about me. it is not end of road!!

I have no idea what was behind the failed result but I had an exam with questions that were reasonable, basic and not difficult or stressful to answer even though I have certain experiences in the field of cybersecurity already acquired (as a SOC leader and also a SOC analyst L3 ) but I failed.

For those taking this exam I guarantee you should study the books already recommended by other aspirants and highly recommend taking the "CASP+ CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Practice Tests Exam by Sybex" I believe I got 90% of the questions coming from this book. If you can still review the full Dion course material on udemy then I guarantee you will be 100% able to pass this exam.

I'm not sad not that I failed, I'm just wondering what must have gone wrong in the answers given. Maybe I underestimated when answering the questions maybe.
I still had an hour and a half to review all the answers but I didn't. It was a personal challenge for me to pass this exam but the next one will be better, I don't lower my head.

I wish good luck for who will do it next

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020
Buddy

I have no idea what was behind the failed result but I had an exam with questions that were reasonable, basic and not difficult or stressful to answer even though I have certain experiences in the field of cybersecurity already acquired (as a SOC leader and also a SOC analyst L3 ) but I failed.

For those taking this exam I guarantee you should study the books already recommended by other aspirants and highly recommend taking the "CASP+ CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Practice Tests Exam by Sybex" I believe I got 90% of the questions coming from this book. If you can still review the full Dion course material on udemy then I guarantee you will be 100% able to pass this exam.

I'm not sad not that I failed, I'm just wondering what must have gone wrong in the answers given. Maybe I underestimated when answering the questions maybe.
I still had an hour and a half to review all the answers but I didn't. It was a personal challenge for me to pass this exam but the next one will be better, I don't lower my head.

I hope u best of luck in next exams(y)

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Buddy

That's the spirit!
    You've already taken the exam, so you are now aware of the type of questions in the exam.

You still had ample time to review your answers but you said you didnt.
    You may then consider doing the review before submitting your exam the next time you try it.

I experienced the same. I finished the exam in less than an hour.
    I felt that I might have gone too quick, so I went back to review all questions, reading them at a slower pace.
    I found that I had to revise some of my answers, which I did. And voila, I passed!

Good luck on your next exam!

admar

Jan 18, 2022
    Luanda
    That's the spirit!
    You've already taken the exam, so you are now aware of the type of questions in the exam.

You may then consider doing the review before submitting your exam the next time you try it.

I felt that I might have gone too quick, so I went back to review all questions, reading them at a slower pace.
    I found that I had to revise some of my answers, which I did. And voila, I passed!

Good idea for the next time. for now i would like to review those answers cause I still with some doubts. I reviewed the practice book and it showed I was right for some answers but anyway its past.

Because the CASP+ exam is the only CompTIA exam that is pass/fail with no scores reported, it makes it challenging to know how well a candidate did other than their pass/fail status. The score report does include a list of objectives where the candidate missed one or more questions, but that is only marginally helpful. I passed on the first attempt, and I skipped the VM question, not realizing that I couldn't come back to it later during the review. The only thing I can assume is that I did well enough on the multiple choice questions that the VM question did not matter in my case.

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Because the CASP+ exam is the only CompTIA exam that is pass/fail with no scores reported, it makes it challenging to know how well a candidate did other than their pass/fail status. The score report does include a list of objectives where the candidate missed one or more questions, but that is only marginally helpful. I passed on the first attempt, and I skipped the VM question, not realizing that I couldn't come back to it later during the review. The only thing I can assume is that I did well enough on the multiple choice questions that the VM question did not matter in my case.
    That's a good point.
    The scores report is a good reference on what areas you need to improve on.

Jill West

• Sep 13, 2019
    Dalton, GA
    Similar experience here. I finished with lots of time left over, and used much of that time to review the questions. Changed several of my answers and ended up passing.

Reactions: Jarrel

admar

Jan 18, 2022
    Luanda
    Admar you always give me hope, and now you're scaring me 😔
    Everything gonna be alright. don't worry we will beat it next time I'm sure . as I said the exam is not so hard if you have a good preparation. use also CIN TTT series on CASP+ with instructor @Lee McWhorter has good freshed informations.

Reactions: Edna Chimpeni

Edna Chimpeni

Jan 19, 2022
    That's the spirit!

Quiet encouraging!

Reactions: Jarrel
    Buddy

Hey Admar:

Sorry to hear about your miss - like the others, I think your attitude on it is spot on. I know I would not be so positive about it, but then I have an overly developed sense of perfection that would probably bring me to a fit of depression if I failed. Personal failing on my part. But that drives me to study all the harder.

I still have my attempt to do. I'm pretty much down to the wire, but I can schedule it out a couple months more, if I need to... I had hoped to get it done by the end of the year....

/r

Reactions: admar

admar

Jan 18, 2022
    Luanda
    Hey Admar:

Sorry to hear about your miss - like the others, I think your attitude on it is spot on. I know I would not be so positive about it, but then I have an overly developed sense of perfection that would probably bring me to a fit of depression if I failed. Personal failing on my part. But that drives me to study all the harder.

I still have my attempt to do. I'm pretty much down to the wire, but I can schedule it out a couple months more, if I need to... I had hoped to get it done by the end of the year....

/r
    Life has 2 roads. 1 road to continue lying in bed sleeping doing nothing and in turn not reaching your goals or objectives, this road you do not feel the meaning of life or the value of life.

The 2nd way is to get out of bed to face all the challenges that are not easy and several steps and at the end of all steps to win the deserved trophy (your goals and objectives). The choice is always up to you which way to go.

Sometimes things don't turn out the way we expect. For God everything has a purpose. We must face better and never underestimate anything or anyone.

Esther S. Stepansky

• Mar 14, 2020
    Buddy

I used primarily Dion's course & study resource & passed today. Passed the CySA+ last week too which clearly helped.