New Comptia courses

20 full days of A+ to cover the objectives of both exams seems a bit long.
Well, depending on the audience, anyway. I know for my clientele, we do 24, five hour days for each course, and that gets them to about 50-60% proficiency. I would still maintain that the 40 hour, 8x5 teaching schedule is not enough for the uninitiated.

/r

Well, depending on the audience, anyway. I know for my clientele, we do 24, five hour days for each course, and that gets them to about 50-60% proficiency. I would still maintain that the 40 hour, 8x5 teaching schedule is not enough for the uninitiated.

/r
I've crammed both A+ exam objectives into a single 40-hour week as a boot camp many times so spreading it over two weeks and 80 hours feels just right to me.

Sivanesan

Jun 4, 2020
Malaysia
Hope its written in bold 20 days so the training provider understand we cant finish it in 10 days.
And also would like suggest Comptia Check all the Academy and Partner they are following this number days and not crashing the course.
This will tarnish Comptia name and also have bad reputation if the trainer cant deliver class. I have heard they try to run the full course in 5 days. The reason corporate company say is their technical team have experience. When we start the class then only know that they don't know anything and trainer will be stuck with running the class in express mode. This is really bad when this student cannot understand the full course.

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
In a corporate environment, I have had to teach A+, Network+, CySA+, and PenTest+ in five days. It's impossible to cover all the lecture, demonstrations, and labs in that amount of time, so compromises have to be made. For A+, you cannot do labs if both courses are covered in a 5-day boot camp. It's lecture only and it goes by fast. For Network+, you pick and choose which labs add the most value and either assign the rest outside of class or skip them entirely. For CySA+ and PenTest+, the same is true. When you have an estimated 25 hours of lab activities, it only leaves 15 hours for lecture in a five day class. That is impossible.
I prefare then to leave the Labs for the students later, since i go into the Details. And i always add actual Practical information into these, since in 2 years since a release a lot can change needs to know for the daily job.

Michael