New Network+ Exam N10-008

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Team, I just sat and passed/renewed my Network+ exam. Excellent exam! It definitely hit on most-to-all networking objectives. I thought the simulation questions were realistic and painted a real-world environment picture.

Know the 'what' and 'why' of each testing objective. Keep at it! Keep studying!

Team, I just sat and passed/renewed my Network+ exam. Excellent exam! It definitely hit on most-to-all networking objectives. I thought the simulation questions were realistic and painted a real-world environment picture.

Great job! Congrats on your pass!

/r

Nate G

• Aug 12, 2020

Congratulations on the pass! How did you approach your preparation for the exam? any tips?

Last edited:

Cyber Russ

• Nov 5, 2019
    Raleigh, NC
    www.facebook.com
    Congratulations on the pass! How did you approach your preparation for the exam? any tips?
    When it comes to IT certification testing, there are different ways that you can tackle this goal. To start, why are you taking this certification exam? Do you need it for your current job? Are you new to IT and would like to know networking concepts? Do you have minimum experience in the field and working towards a bigger goal, such as cybersecurity (before you secure your data, know-how it travels). For me, I have had this certification for a while and I had decided to upgrade for my professional development, for my job and to see what areas I need to focus on in the future.
    1. Download a copy of the Network+ testing objectives. This is your knowledge bible.
      1. Your goal is to know the 'what' and 'why' for each objective. Always ask yourself, what is the importance of this objective and how does it tie into other objectives?
      2. Keep in mind which objective domains carry more weight. You may want to pay a little more attention to those or go back and review it again.
    2. How do you learn? Are you self-structured and have the will to stay focused and not give up? In other words, self-accountability.
      1. If not, there are schools out there that can keep you structured.
      2. Since I have a background in the field and am now on my third generation of Network+, I reviewed the objectives and researched anything that I was not sure about. For example, IPV6, fiber, and subnetting (needed a quick refresher).
      3. If you are new, I would purchase a solid book, a video course (there are no shortcuts), and practice exams.
    3. Collaborate with others in groups such as CIN.
    4. After you read a book and watch your videos, practice with legit practice exams (I used MeasureUp). I've used the practice questions that CompTIA offers, which are awesome, but I did not have access to them at this time.
    5. Go back to your testing objectives and place a checkmark next to each objective after you know the 'what', 'why', and how to troubleshoot it.
    6. DO NOT let fear get in your way! Keep the Energy Vampires away, enable your personal firewall and filter out all bad traffic. Stay positive!

That is the best advice that I can provide for anyone that is pursuing any certification. I hope this helps.

Rodney Maseko

• Feb 13, 2021
    congrats

Congratulations ... I also planning in next week .. great inputs from your end .. thank you ...

Planning to write the exam in March.. Congratulations!

Nate G

• Aug 12, 2020
    I passed the N10-008. That makes five different versions of A+, Network+, and Security+ for me. Mostly due to client requirements.

If they don't trust that I know it by now, I really don't know what to say to that.
    Congrautualtions. what was your experience like? also lot of subnetting? How did you prepare?

Congrautualtions. what was your experience like? also lot of subnetting? How did you prepare?
    Honestly, I don't remember very many subnetting questions. They still ask questions about the OSI model, the protocols/ports, troubleshooting methodology, etc. Since I've already certified in four other versions, I printed out the exam objectives to see the new topics that were covered and looked over those.

The thing about recertifying is that there's not a lot of huge changes from one version to the next. If you have already passed one version, you should be able to pass the next. More than 90% of the material was on the previous version and the one before that. Networking fundamentals don't just change overnight. The changes come from new technologies, better standards, and deprecating older technologies (although CompTIA still talks about hubs for some unknown reason).

Nate G

• Aug 12, 2020
    Honestly, I don't remember very many subnetting questions. They still ask questions about the OSI model, the protocols/ports, troubleshooting methodology, etc. Since I've already certified in four other versions, I printed out the exam objectives to see the new topics that were covered and looked over those.

The thing about recertifying is that there's not a lot of huge changes from one version to the next. If you have already passed one version, you should be able to pass the next. More than 90% of the material was on the previous version and the one before that. Networking fundamentals don't just change overnight. The changes come from new technologies, better standards, and deprecating older technologies (although CompTIA still talks about hubs for some unknown reason).
    Thank you, great feedback and i appreciate it.