One of my A+ students just passed 220-1001 with a score of...

That is an amazing score - my highest on anything was an 873 on the Security+...and higher than my A+ v10 scores (admittedly, I didn't study that much for those - just went and took 'em.

But whether you get a 676 or a 899, a pass is what we all wanna see!

/r

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Many years ago, I saw a high school kid take both A+ exams on the same day and he walked out with two perfect 900 scores.

Either he's brilliant and has photographic memory or he braindumped his way through both. I'll never know.

Want to do something really difficult? Try passing an exam with EXACTLY the passing score. I did it on the CySA+ the first time I took it.

Liz Wannemacher

VP Marketing @ CompTIA
    Staff member
    Jul 31, 2019
    Chicago, Illinois
    partners.comptia.org
    ...881. 🤯🤯🤯

You guys have all been at this longer than I have, so you might've seen scores like that before, but it's a first for me. I can't really take credit bc he's literally smarter than I am, but I'm proud nonetheless.
    This is fantastic!!!! Thank you for sharing. Congratulations to you and your student 🙌

Reactions: Hod Berman

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Why does CompTIA max scores at 900 and not 1000? The math would be easier when someone asks "What percentage did you get right"
    This is a good question for a separate trail. I'd love to hear the proper answer for this one.
    I've always thought that it is patterned to a 'credit score' where the max score is 900 and the base is 100 for literally just writing your name.