Passed Pentest+ this afternoon

It was a good exam, and very straightforward. The simulations were excellent.
I liked it more than CySA+ and CASP+ (although CASP+ was a lot of fun).

It definitely helps to do it right after teaching an ethical hacking course while the tools, process, and concepts are fresh in your mind. All I did was use the certification objectives as a knockdown list (Googling the odd thing I didn't recall).

But most importantly, I'm happy to say that I've now used every single voucher I got from the TTT sessions these past few years (and passed each exam too!). In my opinion, this is the biggest benefit for CIN members - I don't think I would have written as many of these exams otherwise, and it's important that our students see us write them - because if we write them, they will write them.

It definitely helps to do it right after teaching an ethical hacking course while the tools, process, and concepts are fresh in your mind. All I did was use the certification objectives as a knockdown list (Googling the odd thing I didn't recall).

But most importantly, I'm happy to say that I've now used every single voucher I got from the TTT sessions these past few years (and passed each exam too!). In my opinion, this is the biggest benefit for CIN members - I don't think I would have written as many of these exams otherwise, and it's important that our students see us write them - because if we write them, they will write them.
Congrats on that, Jason. I have PT+ slotted for later this year. I am really trying to make this year the "year of the hack", although I have other objectives that keep jumping onto my dance card.

/r

Reactions: jasoneckert

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020

(y) (y) (y) :giggle:

A good mindset. If they see us write them, they will write them. That's my take away

Way To go. That is awesome. What’s next?
Nothing at this point - when I get the Project+ TTT voucher, I'll write that one too (I used to teach Project Management for Boston University in our corporate training division back in the 2000s, so that topic is near and dear to me).
And, of course, anything from the TTT sessions this year too :)

Reactions: Hod Berman
Nothing at this point - when I get the Project+ TTT voucher, I'll write that one too (I used to teach Project Management for Boston University in our corporate training division back in the 2000s, so that topic is near and dear to me).
And, of course, anything from the TTT sessions this year too :)
That sounds great. Project Management seems to be picking up more again these days even for remote. I am sure you are limited on time, but maybe you are up for putting together a series of small deep dive CIN sessions. :)

Patrick Asamago

Oct 2, 2021

Congratulation

Congrats

Did you even take 20 minutes to complete the exam :) You technical juggernauts shouldn't be permitted to take these exams. You make ordinary people, like myself, look bad!!!

Congrats on another achievement for your overcrowded awards shelf!!!
I'm certainly no technical juggernaut by any stretch of the imagination (it took me about 30 min) :sneaky: