After having it on my radar for several years, I finally passed the CASP+ this weekend. Along with it, I also got the CSAE and CSIE stackable certifications.

I thought the exam was challenging but fair. I had one PBQ and one hand-on VM exercise. Due to the fact that the exam was pass/fail, I have no idea if I passed it easily or if I barely made it. But I guess what they say is true. The guy who graduates last in medical school is still called Doctor.

I still need the Linux+, Data+, and CTT+ to complete the entire set.

Patrick Asamago

Oct 2, 2021
Con
After having it on my radar for several years, I finally passed the CASP+ this weekend. Along with it, I also got the CSAE and CSIE stackable certifications.

I thought the exam was challenging but fair. I had one PBQ and one hand-on VM exercise. Due to the fact that the exam was pass/fail, I have no idea if I passed it easily or if I barely made it. But I guess what they say is true. The guy who graduates last in medical school is still called Doctor.

Congratulations sir

admar

Jan 18, 2022
Luanda

congratulation

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com

Congratulations!

A hands-on VM exercise? FUN!

Congratulation. If you don't mind share your experiences, study guide, time preparations, how long time by day study, others resource please. I willl thanks
    I used the CompTIA official curriculum as my study guide. If there were any concepts or topics where I felt I needed additional explanation, I just looked them up on the internet. I've been working in the field for 20+ years so I was fairly familiar with most of the materials already. It also helped that I have my Security+, CySA+, and PenTest+ already. I recommend that anyone interested in the CASP+ pass all three of those in that order before attempting this exam.

I would suggest that people who are preparing for the test should know basic command line commands for both Windows/Linux environments. They should know the basics of business continuity and disaster recovery. They should know the different frameworks, standards, and regulations (NIST, ISO, PCI DSS, RMF, GDPR, etc.). They should know how to read a basic script, HTML headers, and log files. They should understand the MITRE ATT&CK framework.

If you haven't done it already, download the CompTIA exam objectives from the following page.

Well done, Greg. I'm right behind you myself. This is my first run-up at the CASP+, but this one is kind of personal for me. Let's just say that I've seen people who I don't believe deserve hold this credential and the CISSP and then hold it over me with some sort of condescension.

So I'm going through my 30 day book, audio-reading it as I drive, going through each chapter over and over again, and Lee McWhorter's great TTT series. I'll get there, and I hope many of you others here will be too.

But, many congrats on your win today, Greg!

/r

Well done, Greg. I'm right behind you myself. This is my first run-up at the CASP+, but this one is kind of personal for me. Let's just say that I've seen people who I don't believe deserve hold this credential and the CISSP and then hold it over me with some sort of condescension.

So I'm going through my 30 day book, audio-reading it as I drive, going through each chapter over and over again, and Lee McWhorter's great TTT series. I'll get there, and I hope many of you others here will be too.

But, many congrats on your win today, Greg!

/r
    We've had the conversation before about people holding "paper certs" and I'm sure there are quite a few out there who hold this one.

But for people who take these things seriously, this is a good cert to work on. The "recommended experience" is a minimum of ten years of general IT hands-on experience, with at least five years of broad hands-on security experience. If people don't have it, I'd recommend they wait until they do have the experience before working on this one. My years of experience probably helped me more than anything in preparation for this exam. And as I've said before, Security+, CySA+, and PenTest+ are incredibly helpful certs to help prepare people for the CASP+ as well.

I hope to get the CISSP as well as the CISM within the next 12 months, along with a few other certs. I have always had a case of imposter syndrome so it feels nice to get some validation from time to time that I do know a few things.

Patrick Asamago

Oct 2, 2021
    We've had the conversation before about people holding "paper certs" and I'm sure there are quite a few out there who hold this one.

But for people who take these things seriously, this is a good cert to work on. The "recommended experience" is a minimum of ten years of general IT hands-on experience, with at least five years of broad hands-on security experience. If people don't have it, I'd recommend they wait until they do have the experience before working on this one. My years of experience probably helped me more than anything in preparation for this exam. And as I've said before, Security+, CySA+, and PenTest+ are incredibly helpful certs to help prepare people for the CASP+ as well.

I hope to get the CISSP as well as the CISM within the next 12 months, along with a few other certs. I have always had a case of imposter syndrome so it feels nice to get some validation from time to time that I do know a few things.
    I am in agreement with your right up

Congratulations :)

maykin

• Sep 1, 2021
    Thailand
    mayk.in

Congratulations :)

hosnypasha

Sep 9, 2020

Congratulations :) (y)

Ahmed Saied

Mar 3, 2021

Congratulations sir

Fred

Aug 7, 2019
    Georgetown , Texas

congrats

Henry Kapasuka

Feb 1, 2022

Congratulations

Rod Oatis

• Aug 28, 2019
    TX

Congrats!!