PearsonVue / OnVue problems June 2024

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
unixerius.nl
What the absolute blazes is going on with Pearson Vue this month?

Two or three weeks ago they had a big service disruption which affected both OnVue and testing center exams. Everybody was getting kicked out of their exams.

And now on Reddit and Discord there's numerous mentions of waiting lines 100+ people deep, with test-takers waiting 1-3 hours before even starting their exams.

There's something really bad going on with PearsonVue and it reflects badly on CompTIA.

Someone needs to step up and provide proper communication and guidance.

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    What the absolute blazes is going on with Pearson Vue this month?

Two or three weeks ago they had a big service disruption which affected both OnVue and testing center exams. Everybody was getting kicked out of their exams.

And now on Reddit and Discord there's numerous mentions of waiting lines 100+ people deep, with test-takers waiting 1-3 hours before even starting their exams.

There's something really bad going on with PearsonVue and it reflects badly on CompTIA.

Someone needs to step up and provide proper communication and guidance.
    please what is going with this bad information.

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    unixerius.nl
    What exactly do you feel is "bad information" about this? There are multiple reports across Discord and Reddit that OnVue and PearsonVue are having lots of problems over the past few weeks.

Do you have sources stating otherwise? Do you have direct insights into the OnVue statistics?

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    What exactly do you feel is "bad information" about this? There are multiple reports across Discord and Reddit that OnVue and PearsonVue are having lots of problems over the past few weeks.

Do you have sources stating otherwise? Do you have direct insights into the OnVue statistics?
    Tess don't miss quote me "bad Information means" Reddit that OnVue and Pearson Vue they are reliable before. When I heard the information was is happy. That is the meaning of bad Information I am talking about.
    I didn't mean people are giving bad information about them not all.

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    Tess don't miss quote me "bad Information means" Reddit that OnVue and Pearson Vue they are reliable before. When I heard the information was is happy. That is the meaning of bad Information I am talking about.
    I didn't mean people are giving bad information about them not all.
    Tess you know are my friend.
    Everybody in this platform is my friend. So you are one of the.

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    Tess you know are my friend.
    Everybody in this platform is my friend. So you are one of the.
    The reason I said everybody in this platform is my friend is that " we are impacting people's life in terms of IT.
    (1) We are training comptient personnel for the companies.
    (2) We are enlighten people in the IT world.
    (3) We give education to the whole world as far as IT is concerned
    Therefore I am very proud of belonging to this global community.
    I promise to represent this community we any where I find myself.

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    unixerius.nl
    Last edited:

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    Could we please stay on topic @abiodun1991?

I'd really appreciate if someone from CompTIA would weigh in, by the way. This horrible situation is affecting all of our students.

EDIT: Seeing if I can get a reaction on LinkedIn. Probably CompTIA and PearsonVue will completely ignore that post as well.

-> https://www.linkedin.com/posts/activity-7213602164986777602-nG0D
    Tess Sorry, I want to suggested you should send email to those that is in charge . Let us known what is the problem and way out of the situation.
    let us have the feed back.

Esther S. Stepansky

• Mar 14, 2020
    I can confirm this issue. I was scheduled to take the Cloud+ using onVue & checked in only to be kicked out of the queue at least 10 times due to "internet issues", each time getting restarted in the queue with many in front of me. I got to "next" 3 or 4 times only to get kicked off again & again & put back in the queue. After 45 minutes of this I was finally referred to the Pearson reschedule page where I rescheduled for 2 weeks out.
    The next day I cancelled & rescheduled a live exam but yes, available dates were few & far between - it was around 3 weeks after the original exam date.
    Fortunately that did not get cancelled so I now have Cloud+ done.

Gregory Childers

Oct 22, 2019
    Safety Harbor, FL
    www.linkedin.com
    This thread makes me feel fortunate that I only schedule my exams in a physical testing centre.
    The only exams I take at a physical test center are ISC2 exams because they do not offer online exams. I have taken more than a dozen exams with only one incident, and that one was quickly resolved.

Fridrik Salters

Jun 17, 2024
    Spain
    I had same problem in June with booking tests and it look like it been solved now so fingers crossed 🤞 it stays that way.

Ps. Issues with kicking out for connection is difficult issue as even the person taking the test has a backup line it is not allowed so if anyone is interrupt by the ISP then unfortunately the test subject will be regarded as not in compliance.

Last edited:

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    I had same problem in June with booking tests and it look like it been solved now so fingers crossed 🤞 it stays that way.

Ps. Issues with kicking out for connection is difficult issue as even the person taking the test has a backup line it is not allowed so if anyone is interrupt by the ISP then unfortunately the test subject will be regarded as not in compliance.
    This might be bad network , this is kind of thing that affects interruption in connection.

Esther S. Stepansky

• Mar 14, 2020

This is part of my issue too - I have better internet via my cell phone provider but they insist that I use the ethernet, and won't let me tether my cell phone so it can act as ethernet (the phone has to be out of reach) so I have had to go back to on-site exams.

abiodun1991

• Mar 17, 2022
    Nigeria
    minazconsult.org
    Please enough of this complain is too much, those in charge should do the needful.
    I am using this median to plead with our coordinator (Mr. Stephen and Mr. Rick) to intervene so that they can do their exam successfully.

Reactions: Eddy Harden

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    unixerius.nl
    This is part of my issue too - I have better internet via my cell phone provider but they insist that I use the ethernet, and won't let me tether my cell phone so it can act as ethernet (the phone has to be out of reach) so I have had to go back to on-site exams.
    Funnily enough I *did* end up taking LPI through OnVue via mobile connection... The testing tool said my 20Mbit wired connection was too slow, so I pulled that one and forced my router to fallback to its 5G connection which got approved :D