PEN + exam

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    It would be great if the entire PenTest+ exam is a simulation, much like in OSCP cert. :D

Otherwise, you could have questions whereby the answers can only be found upon doing some pentest, i.e. what ports are open (via nmap), what's the content of the cookie, etc.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    Kindly I am going to write PEN+ exam, :unsure: I would like to know if it contains simulation questions
    I'm pretty sure you'll see between 3-4 performance based questions. I have that many when I took CySA+. /r

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    it did have one simulation question inside a virtual machine
    Really?! An actual, real OS for you to interact with, in a VM?! It was not a simulated Windows or Linux environment?

That would be a first for me, as so far I've only seen simulated environments which are not a real OS in any way or form.

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    Really?! An actual, real OS for you to interact with, in a VM?! It was not a simulated Windows or Linux environment?

That would be a first for me, as so far I've only seen simulated environments which are not a real OS in any way or form.
    It is real VM environments with Ubuntu OS.

Yes, it is an actual virtual machine with an actual operating system loaded in it. It was the first one I've seen on any of the CompTIA exams I've taken. I've spoken to a few people at CompTIA and this was a test case. If it works, it may expand to other certifications in the future.

Reactions: Tess Sluijter
    Like most technical CompTIA exams, there are Performance Based Questions.

But I recently passed the CASP+ and it did have one simulation question inside a virtual machine. I wish every technical exam had them.
    I heard that this was coming, but hadn't seen any postings about it. Looks like it is in a real testing phase, that's good news. Thank you for sharing.