Philadelphia Area Adjunct Instructor Needed - A+ (1101 and 1102) - Fall 2024

Andrea W.

Nov 22, 2022
Hello,

Chestnut Hill College in Philadelphia, PA, is currently seeking an adjunct instructor (or instructors) for Fall 2024 interested in teaching in-person Introduction to Hardware and Perpherials (A+ 1101) and Applied Operating Systems (A+ 1102). The courses are scheduled to run MWF and are in 1-hour blocks. Time is to be determined. There is an opportunity to teach one day a week synchronously/asynchronously. A Master Degree or Higher is necessary.

Opportunities for teaching in Spring 2025 may also be available for Database Design/Implementation and Database Security. Both courses have the potential for DataSys+ integration.

Please private message your resume if any of these courses are of interest.

Thank you!
Andrea

Last edited:
Good point. I have more than 20 years of experience. How much does the average Master's Degree graduate have?
20 minutes maybe? 🥸 but my guess would be way less than that.
All jokes aside; it’s based in the institution requirements they have to meet for anyone to teach any courses.
I used to teach at a 4-year degree college back in the early 2000’s that didn’t have the stringent restrictions in place ( mainly because it was a small 5 campus private college)
They then got bought out by a much larger entity and then forced the requirement of master or better to teach.. at that time I didn’t have any, only certifications. So then I went into banking for a while… 🙃
Degrees are nice to have when you are teaching at universities, some of them will allow you to teach certification classes without them however.. sound like this one is not one of them.
I’m sure they will find qualified master degree folks that want to work MWF for 1 hour at a time onsite.

20 minutes maybe? 🥸 but my guess would be way less than that.
All jokes aside; it’s based in the institution requirements they have to meet for anyone to teach any courses.
I used to teach at a 4-year degree college back in the early 2000’s that didn’t have the stringent restrictions in place ( mainly because it was a small 5 campus private college)
They then got bought out by a much larger entity and then forced the requirement of master or better to teach.. at that time I didn’t have any, only certifications. So then I went into banking for a while… 🙃
Degrees are nice to have when you are teaching at universities, some of them will allow you to teach certification classes without them however.. sound like this one is not one of them.
I’m sure they will find qualified master degree folks that want to work MWF for 1 hour at a time onsite.
Yep. Some retiree that wants an excuse to get out of the house.

Good point. I have more than 20 years of experience. How much does the average Master's Degree graduate have?
For me, it is 1992 onward, with WordPerfect 5.1 and MS Excel v3.0. They could end up with a Master's Degree holder who is not fully versed in modern technologies :rolleyes: