Problems with PBQ questions on MacOS?

Ziad Sobri

• Sep 19, 2020
    Indonesia
    Thank God, i just passed the Security+ exam.
    But there is one problem, one of the PBQ questions does not display the output mentioned in the question. So that I don't know the problem asked in the question, so I chose the answer by guessing 😅.
    Was this happening because I'm using MacOS? Comments from colleagues in this community are very welcome.

Reactions: TurmudiZy

Ziad Sobri

• Sep 19, 2020
    Indonesia
    I found it difficult to schedule an exam at the testing center because my work time did not allow me to take the exam at that location.
    Almost all of the certification exams I took were done at home. So far the problem with the PBQ CompTIA exam questions is that it's just a bit difficult to drag-n-drop (but still doable).
    Only this time the problem is different.
    Thanks for the response.

Reactions: TurmudiZy

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    I've heard of different issues when taking online exam on a Mac or whatever apple device.
    i.e. buttons not working, exam app crashing, or someone called on FaceTime hence, forfeited their exam

The advise I typically give to my students is either to use a Windows PC, or book the exam to a testing centre instead [same advice as Abby].

but hey, you passed the exam anyway.
    So, Congratulations, @Ziad Sobri !

Esther S. Stepansky

• Mar 14, 2020
    But there is one problem, one of the PBQ questions does not display the output mentioned in the question. So that I don't know the problem asked in the question, so I chose the answer by guessing 😅.
    Was this happening because I'm using MacOS? Comments from colleagues in this community are very welcome.
    I have also had issues with macOS taking exams on Pearson as well as other platforms. I recommend going live but I saw your issue about timing.
    You could also borrow/rent a Windows PC to take the at home exams.

Reactions: Ziad Sobri
    One thing I do know from my running the tech for a PearsonVUE Test Center is they specifically require wired-network Windows based PC's for testing. No Mac/Linux, no Wireless, no Laptops - -very specific as to the requirements. Now I am not sure how Pearson has adapted OnVUE for other platforms such as Apple, but I can see some of that working here.

Jeff Strain

• May 23, 2022
    Hawaii
    www.linkedin.com
    Testing centers were non-existent for a few years with the pandemic around me. Hawaii was more locked down than most states, and many industry tests were still not offered last I checked. I also live a ways from Honolulu, so I love remote proctoring. Unfortunately, no one likes to support Linux for remote tests, so I have to use windows. I find it a bit sad taking Linux+ on a windows system... Just seems a bit dirty to me :) Anyway. I have only had a few minor issues with remote proctored tests, primarily due to windows patches not being fully applied and the system rebooted. I am glad they are allowed and hope they become the norm. I expect it will improve over time, but I will refrain from holding my breath while waiting for the support of Linux. Glad that Ziad Sobri was able to pass with an issue on the PBQ. I found some of them less intuitive on what to click to get things done, but I usually figure it out in the end. I like that it lets you know whether the question has been answered at the end when reviewing questions. That has prompted me to click around more to figure out what I am missing. I remember needing this once but do not remember what exam it was.

Reactions: Fanuel
    Testing centers were non-existent for a few years with the pandemic around me. Hawaii was more locked down than most states, and many industry tests were still not offered last I checked. I also live a ways from Honolulu, so I love remote proctoring. Unfortunately, no one likes to support Linux for remote tests, so I have to use windows. I find it a bit sad taking Linux+ on a windows system... Just seems a bit dirty to me :) Anyway. I have only had a few minor issues with remote proctored tests, primarily due to windows patches not being fully applied and the system rebooted. I am glad they are allowed and hope they become the norm. I expect it will improve over time, but I will refrain from holding my breath while waiting for the support of Linux. Glad that Ziad Sobri was able to pass with an issue on the PBQ. I found some of them less intuitive on what to click to get things done, but I usually figure it out in the end. I like that it lets you know whether the question has been answered at the end when reviewing questions. That has prompted me to click around more to figure out what I am missing. I remember needing this once but do not remember what exam it was.
    It does feel dirty taking Linux+ on a Windows system...
    But you could always install WSL2 first, so at least there's a Linux kernel always running alongside the Windows kernel :unsure:

Esther S. Stepansky

• Mar 14, 2020
    The one thing that's great about a physical PearsonVUE Test Center is that you always get the same experience. This is likely because each testing system has strict version requirements (down to the OS build and updates).
    Unless they send you an email 2 days before your exam is scheduled to cancel it after you scheduled it for the day your voucher expires.

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    The one thing that's great about a physical PearsonVUE Test Center is that you always get the same experience. This is likely because each testing system has strict version requirements (down to the OS build and updates).
    Na, Windows 10 is supported, any Version is Updated. ..
    Did you check the FAQ with Technical Requirements?
    Page 1: Operation Systems:
    Linux/Unix and Chrome based Operating Systems are not supported

Wondering that the Browser did run.

Michael

Reactions: Ziad Sobri