Project+ Expiration

Hi, I obtained my Project+ certification on My 11th 2024. I recall receiving an email that prior certifications would not expire, but new ones would. I received an email: "Your CompTIA Project+ CE certification will expire on Oct 01, 2028." I checked the CompTIA website, and there is no mention that Project+ must be renewed, regardless of the accomplishment date. Certainly, they are not mass emailing all Project+ certification holders. I checked Crucial Exams, and it indicated I was correct. Color me confused

Copilot:
Based on the information currently available, your recollection appears to be correct.
  • You earned CompTIA Project+ on May 11, 2024.
  • At that time, Project+ was a Good-for-Life (GFL) certification, meaning it did not require renewal. [crucialexams.com], [help.comptia.org]
  • CompTIA announced a policy change in 2025: new Project+ certifications earned on or after October 1, 2025, require renewal every three years through the Continuing Education (CE) program. People who earned Project+ before that cutoff date retain the original Good-for-Life status. [crucialexams.com]
Cheers,
Assistant Professor Shane Allen
Oklahoma State University OKC Campus
Lead Professor for BT Cybersecurity degree