Question of the Week #13 - Answer

How relevant is this question to you as an Instructor?

• Very relevant

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Not sure what to do to put my students in the best position

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No relevance

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rich Pernai

Staff member
  • Oct 4, 2021
    Hi everyone and happy Friday!

We have heard great feedback on what YOU are doing today that puts students in the best position to pass the certification exam. This has included students rooting down the fundamentals, understanding the objectives of their courses, utilizing technology, and providing students as many options to help them learn. These are all great answers, and a big thank you to those who participated!

Question:
    What are YOU doing today or what CAN you do to put your students in the best position to pass the certification exam?

For our answer this week, we will provide out CertMaster Suite of Solutions: CertMaster Learn, CertMaster Labs, and CertMaster Practice.

1651866292961.png

One way you CAN put your students in the best position to pass the certification exam is by using CompTIA CertMaster Suite. The following will highlight on how each solution aids in the student's certification journey:
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CertMaster Learn is a comprehensive eLearning experience that helps learners gain the knowledge and practical skills necessary to be successful on CompTIA certifications exams, and in their IT careers.

Instructional lessons are combined with video, practice questions, and performance-based questions. ALL content is aligned with the CompTIA exam objectives.

CertMaster Learn gives students the ability to see their Strengths and Weaknesses in their course. This shows the students which lessons to focus on. Similarly, all practice questions and activities are broken down to show what you know and what you don't.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    CertMaster Labs enables the hands-on practice and skills development using real equipment and software accessed through a remote, browser-based lab environment.

All Labs are aligned with official CompTIA learning products such as CertMaster Learn and the CompTIA exam objectives.

The Assisted Labs and Applied Labs are great for letting Students use the skills they learned in a simulated environment. The Assisted labs will take students through a lab activity with more support, and step-by-step instructions. The Applied Labs allows students to use what they learned to complete tasks within the VM environment.
    CertMaster Practice is an online knowledge assessment and training companion tool to help you prepare for your CompTIA certification exam

This solution quickly assesses what you already know and what you still need to learn and provides personalized remediation and feedback.

Students can use CertMaster Practice's modules to take practice questions in different areas. After a student completes the set of questions the first time through, they can then take a "Smart Refresh" or a "Full Refresh."

The Smart Refresh will allow students to take the questions again but only the questions they got wrong. The Full Refresh will allow students to take the entire module over again.

As much as I love the labs, it's possible to pass every CompTIA exam without doing them. But I'd prefer they know how to do it, and not just pass an exam.

But I want my students to understand the concepts, the terminology, the theory, the best practices, and the procedures so they can apply the skills in real world scenarios. Lectures, demonstrations, labs, quizzes, all contribute to the learning process.

Reactions: Jwehrle

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    For my students, CertMaster is just not in the books, budget-wise. So I'll have to make my own labs, which can have some added educational value since the students will end up building those labs (in VMs) on their own PC to follow along.