Question of the Week #4

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
Happy Monday everyone!

Our next question is: What Instructor resources do I have access to?

We are looking forward to your responses throughout the week!
Depending on the Licence, who you are working for and what they grant you on Access...
Also, they are time limited.
I.

YolondaMurray

Staff member
  • Oct 8, 2021
    Depending on the Licence, who you are working for and what they grant you on Access...
    Also, they are time limited.
    I.
    Theoretically, once you are given access to your account you have access to all resources. Would you mind elaborating on how 'who you are working for' could limit your access to resources? This is an interesting one for sure. :)

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    Theoretically, once you are given access to your account you have access to all resources. Would you mind elaborating on how 'who you are working for' could limit your access to resources? This is an interesting one for sure. :)
    Depending on the Learning Partner, and if they know how to use there portal and Grand you Access to the Ressources. PDF Ebook and Slides are not limitied in Time. But all other online Ressources are. And not all Learning Partner generate Access Keys for all Ressources (based on what they use for their students).

Michael

Last edited:

Jwehrle

Staff member
    Nov 12, 2019
    Michael, you are correct, but I will just provide some more information that might be helpful. As an Instructor in the CertMaster Learn platform, for example, you will have 36 months of access for the certification that you are teaching (compared to the standard 12 months of access). Any resources that are tied to your access or specific certification will be available for that length of time. If you are teaching a certification that will be retiring, that would expire at a sooner date, but you would then have access to the NEW version of that certification. In a sense you are correct, you would ONLY have access to the resources (as an Instructor) for the certifications that are specifically granted to you. Let me know if that helps!

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    Michael, you are correct, but I will just provide some more information that might be helpful. As an Instructor in the CertMaster Learn platform, for example, you will have 36 months of access for the certification that you are teaching (compared to the standard 12 months of access). Any resources that are tied to your access or specific certification will be available for that length of time. If you are teaching a certification that will be retiring, that would expire at a sooner date, but you would then have access to the NEW version of that certification. In a sense you are correct, you would ONLY have access to the resources (as an Instructor) for the certifications that are specifically granted to you. Let me know if that helps!
    Hello Jwehrle,
    thanks for the Information:
    And that leads us to Question of the Week #5: How will you get Access to this Ressources? Because i have no idea how, and did not even know about this.
    Otherwise i would have not posted my Messages before.
    Michael

YolondaMurray

Staff member
  • Oct 8, 2021
    Hello Jwehrle,
    And that leads us to Question of the Week #5: How will you get Access to this Ressources? Because i have no idea how, and did not even know about this.
    Michael
    Thank you Michael. Great suggestion!

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    Hello Jwehrle,
    Michael
    I do not blame my CompTIA Account Manager here (doing a great Job when i have a Question). It is just, that as a Freelancer i have different Access then Employed Partner Trainers, which i sometimes forget when Answering.

Michael

Last edited:

YolondaMurray

Staff member
  • Oct 8, 2021
    I do not blame my CompTIA Account Manager here (doing a great Job when i have a Question). It is just, that as a Freelancer i have different Access then Employed Partner Trainers, which i sometimes forget when Answering.

Michael
    Hi Michael. We have noted your role as a freelance Instructor and totally understand the access restrictions that you face. Your Account Manager is also the best in the Business and so we 100% agree with your sentiment. We value your engagement on this forum and on this platform, and please know that we will keep in mind your unique circumstances when responding to any of your posts. Again, thank you for your engagement.