Receive copy of old TTT "certificate of completion" for 2019-2022 possibility?

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    I echo the response from @aleibl

I find it interesting that a workplace would ask for proof for professional development 2 or 3 years back.
    If you've taken certifications then those could be better proof (?)

On the other hand, I learned that the TTT certs are not sufficient as CPD for recertification.
    Getting new certs is still a better pathway.

I find it interesting that a workplace would ask for proof for professional development 2 or 3 years back.
    It can happen. Academic institutions often have accreditation reviews that require these things to be well documented. If something happened and those activities were not documented properly, well, it's conceivable that we'd have to go back and fix those things.

For me, I've gotten in the habit of updating all those things for myself as a matter of course. New cert? Update the resume/CV. New training? Add it as CE training and put it on my development history. Doesn't matter if it's a TTT or something in Microsoft Learn. I've found it's a great habit.

Anyway, @Valerie L. Boss - Hope you found the info you were looking for.

/r

aleibl

• Nov 7, 2019
    I echo the response from @aleibl

On the other hand, I learned that the TTT certs are not sufficient as CPD for recertification.
    Getting new certs is still a better pathway.
    They are not valid a CEUs for the certification that the TT is about but they are for lower level certs:

1686677325072.png

Which, I admit, is of limited value because renewing the higher level cert auto-renews the lower level ones anyway.

They might be accepted by other organisations for their certs, though. Worth a try.

I normally don't use them because like @Rick Butler I tend to do new certifications every year and I use them as CEUs/CPDs for my existing certs. ;)

They are not valid a CEUs for the certification that the TT is about but they are for lower level certs:

View attachment 1255

Which, I admit, is of limited value because renewing the higher level cert auto-renews the lower level ones anyway.

They might be accepted by other organisations for their certs, though. Worth a try.

I normally don't use them because like @Rick Butler I tend to do new certifications every year and I use them as CEUs/CPDs for my existing certs. ;)
    I would say that's justification to go for your CASP+!

Reactions: aleibl

aleibl

• Nov 7, 2019
    I would say that's justification to go for your CASP+!
    Done. Plus renewed with the latest exam. Which was really interesting because it was the first CompTIA exam I sat where I was confronted with a real VM and had to solve a puzzle. But I passed, so looking forward to the next iteration and what it has in store. ;) Is CASP+ being refreshed as well this year?

Done. Plus renewed with the latest exam. Which was really interesting because it was the first CompTIA exam I sat where I was confronted with a real VM and had to solve a puzzle. But I passed, so looking forward to the next iteration and what it has in store. ;) Is CASP+ being refreshed as well this year?
    No. The current version launched October 6, 2021, so we won't see a new version until late 2024 or early 2025.

I just used my ISACA CISM to satisfy the CEU requirements for my CASP+, so I'm renewed through 2028 (along with my A+, Net+, Sec+, CySA+, and PenTest+).