The Review and Prep Site

Thoughts on this site:

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    So this is very reminiscent of the big certifications map that CompTIA puts out from time to time. It lists the major certs by difficulty category, but it also ties them to a role pathway, answering that questions, "if I want to be a data scientist, what certs would be advantageous to me?". It looks like this site uses that approach as a means to efficiently focusing learning efforts along a defined pathway, rather than the "spray and pray" approach.

I can see this site as something of value to folks that need that kind of guidance. In a world where mentor/protege style relationships (which to me are the BEST way to accomplish this), sites like this can help clear up the confusion.

/r

Reactions: Tess Sluijter

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    Thoughts on this site:
    Thanks for sharing! As Rick says, there's hundreds of people asking every week "how do I get into job X or Y???" and such a map can help them to some degree.

Reactions: Lee McWhorter

Jarrel

• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    Thoughts on this site:
    The reviews re: "preparation journey" looks like blogs by some people sharing their experiences on attaining certain certifications.
    The details about the certifications are merely lifted from the official websites of the respective certification bodies.
    As for CompTIA related certs, there's only A+ in there. See https://reviewnprep.com/certificate-details/comptia-a

As for career journey, I prefer CompTIA's certification roadmap more.

On the other hand, their marketplace only contains few training options. I'd prefer Lynda.com, Udemy or other known learning platforms.

*I didn't check their "free" practice exams. I hope they aren't exam dumps.