Threats Intelligence

admar

Jan 18, 2022
Luanda
Hi buddy
someone know if CompTIA will Introduce son or later for Cyber security field Threat Intelligence a certification? I understand that it cover in CySA+ Certification but its time to create a new ones for cybersecurity threat analyst focus. I see that in the Security Operation Center has new team that not only react by events trigged by security controls and SIEM but their task is proactive hunting for threats inside and outside network organization and providing TTP's of Adversaries and share it to all level of organization.

I understand that CySA+ Certification well explaining this taks and how this team works but if CompTIA vendor could have a certification in deed focus on deep Threat Intelligence was wonderful.
I know some vendor are already providing this certification i think CompTIA need to keep track.

What your viewpoint Guys?

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    From what I've been able to determine, CompTIA has been trying to not get into too much with competing with other orgs for certifications. With the ones from EC-Council and GIAC, I think such an offering would be more niche, rather than the IT generalist approach on which CompTIA has been more focused.

CompTIA has CASP/CySA/PenTest for it's security branch, but these are general practitioner certs, good for foundational knowledge when going into a hard security role. Threat hunting and intelligence, to me, would be better served from agencies that are more dedicated to security.

/r