To validate that I am an official CompTIA instructor, do I need to have the CTT+ or is there another new related certification?

I have probably asked this question many times. I am asking this question because the CTT+ certification is no longer available. And I would like to deliver official CompTIA courses officially with the CompTIA partner network. To deliver the classes, do I need this CTT+ Credential? @Stephen Schneiter Thanls a lot

Hi Nestor:

No, you do not need to have the CTT+ credential (or any credential, really) to deliver content at a CompTIA Partner organization, other than what that organization stipulates for itself. CompTIA doesn't mandate any level of training for the instructors that work for Partners.

Now, most Partners generally agree that you have to be certified in what you teach - which in a lot of ways is common sense, but there isn't any hard or fast requirement to that end.

CTT+ as a credential, I do believe, is quite valuable and I do hope that CompTIA makes efforts to bring something back into that space. The certification itself, however, was over 10 years old in content and CompTIA felt it wasn't in business interest to keep it going (in terms of curriculum development, expert testing, and such).

Naturally, if CTT+ isn't available to acquire anymore, then Partners can't really mandate it anyway. But Partners have always been at liberty to set their own standards for their instructors.

HTH

/r

Prospective employers have other ways to vet us. They're looking for trainers who know what they are talking about, avoid posting controversial topics on social media and present topics clearly.

Hi Nestor:

No, you do not need to have the CTT+ credential (or any credential, really) to deliver content at a CompTIA Partner organization, other than what that organization stipulates for itself. CompTIA doesn't mandate any level of training for the instructors that work for Partners.

Now, most Partners generally agree that you have to be certified in what you teach - which in a lot of ways is common sense, but there isn't any hard or fast requirement to that end.

CTT+ as a credential, I do believe, is quite valuable and I do hope that CompTIA makes efforts to bring something back into that space. The certification itself, however, was over 10 years old in content and CompTIA felt it wasn't in business interest to keep it going (in terms of curriculum development, expert testing, and such).

Naturally, if CTT+ isn't available to acquire anymore, then Partners can't really mandate it anyway. But Partners have always been at liberty to set their own standards for their instructors.

HTH

/r
Woowww... Thanks so much for you response @Rick Butler I really appreciate it.

Abby N Krane

Jan 4, 2022
Cleveland, Ohio
I have probably asked this question many times. I am asking this question because the CTT+ certification is no longer available. And I would like to deliver official CompTIA courses officially with the CompTIA partner network. To deliver the classes, do I need this CTT+ Credential? @Stephen Schneiter Thanls a lot
I work for a commercial training organization. We require instructors to have taken, and passed, the certification they are teaching. We prefer them to have taken the version of the exam they are teaching AND have the next certification upwards if that cert lies in a path. For example, for Network+, we want them to have Security+. CTT+ is nice but not required especially now that it is not available. This is in addition to having teaching experience in general.

I work for a commercial training organization. We require instructors to have taken, and passed, the certification they are teaching. We prefer them to have taken the version of the exam they are teaching AND have the next certification upwards if that cert lies in a path. For example, for Network+, we want them to have Security+. CTT+ is nice but not required especially now that it is not available. This is in addition to having teaching experience in general.
Thanks @Abby N Krane

I've been teaching for 24 years. If a client does not believe that I'm qualified because I don't hold the CTT+, then that is a client I don't mind losing.
Ditto.
Teaching since 1999 myself.
If needed, I can provide ‘evaluations’ as proof of great instructional reference…
Congrats on the 24 years! That’s a rarity nowadays.

As a replacement for CTT+ I'm looking at Logical Operations' MCCT -> https://logicaloperations.com/certifications/5/mcct-certified/

Currently that's heavily discounted, at $95.
I used to work for a sister company to Logical Operations and have the MCCT and the MCCT Master Trainer credentials.

It involves going through self-paced training and taking an online exam. You can retake the online exam as often as needed until you pass.

Unfortunately, there is no equivalent credential to the CTT+. It's a shame that it was required because new trainers have fewer options to learn the necessary skills to deliver high-quality training other than learning on the job.

I've been teaching for 24 years. If a client does not believe that I'm qualified because I don't hold the CTT+, then that is a client I don't mind losing.
It may be a client that, due to their poor decisions, goes out of business.

Reactions: Joeel