• Feb 17, 2020
    Australia
    www.jarrelrivera.com
    so, that means the certification roadmap will now change, to only have
    • infosec
    • net & cloud
    • ITSM and
    • Data & Dev
    no more pathway to IT Trainers, under CompTIA, that is.
    I wonder what will be its effect. what is the message that it will send to the community.
    ... (hopefully, not) that IT trainers are not part of the "computer trade industry"?

I feel bad for speaking ill about the CTT+ knowing that it will be gone soon...
    it is a good cert. just lacked value.
    i was hoping that it will be improved, not get sacked. 😅

They could have just required that all trainers who are providing training in comptia partners need to be CTT+, then in exchange, the CTT+ certified trainers will gain access to free CompTIA Learn. This could have give CTT+ a boost in terms of the "added value" that it was lacking... but oh well.

Down the drain it is.

CTT+ Retirement Notice​

The CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT+) certification will permanently retire in 2023. CompTIA will not renew or replace this certification. Therefore, anyone preparing for it is encouraged to complete their studies and seek certification before the retirement dates.

• The last day to purchase a voucher and sit for the TK0-201 exam will be September 30, 2023.
    • The last day to purchase a voucher and submit the TK0-202 or TK-203 video will be October 31, 2023.
    Vouchers already purchased for this certification will expire after these respective dates. Grading will be completed and uploaded to CertMetrics by December 31, 2023. Although the certification will be retiring and CompTIA will no longer be offering it, anyone who has received this certification will remain CompTIA CTT+ certified, good for life.

Reactions: Bofy Idiodi