You have to love those CompTIA CEUs!

I recently passed the AWS Solution Architect Associate exam. Two days later I received a heads up email message from CompTIA that one of my certifications was 180 days from expiration. I submitted the email from AWS for CEUs via Certmetrics and was very, very pleasantly surprised to receive follow up email from CompTIA that the AWS certification was applied to both Cloud+ and Linux+.

I've always been a fan of CEUs but I have to give a big positive shout out to the Certmetrics team for the quick and thorough turn around.

About that AWS Solution Architect Associate exam; I studied for 3 months and failed my first attempt (by 20 points). Passed 10 days later. That was one tough exam.

Hey Brian! Congrats on passing the AWS Solution Architect Associate certification! It's good to know that other industry certs can renew CompTIA certs. I'll have to remember that :cool:

It's surprising which non-CompTIA certifications are accepted.

I used my CISM to update my CASP+, which updated my PenTest+, CySA+, Security+, Network+, and A+.

After that, I passed the CISSP, so I could theoretically use it to update all of the above.

My CompTIA certification that has the soonest expiration date is Data+ which expires in 2025. I'm looking at the ISACA Data Fundamentals certification to update it, unless the new version of Data+ is released or DataX will renew it.

• Love
Reactions: TraceyO
I'm surprised that Dell Proven Professional Certifications are not included for crediting CEUs for renewal.
Maybe? It might be that the Dell exams may not fit into this particular paragraph:

Relevance: At least 50 percent of the course content must relate to one or more of the exam objectives for the certification you’re renewing. It is important to keep in mind that CompTIA does not only look at content “topics” to determine whether a course relates to exam objectives. There are other variables, including cognitive level of course content, that is taken into account during our internal review.

/r

Reactions: Eddy Harden

Robina

• Nov 5, 2021
    Pakistan
    I recently passed the AWS Solution Architect Associate exam. Two days later I received a heads up email message from CompTIA that one of my certifications was 180 days from expiration. I submitted the email from AWS for CEUs via Certmetrics and was very, very pleasantly surprised to receive follow up email from CompTIA that the AWS certification was applied to both Cloud+ and Linux+.

I've always been a fan of CEUs but I have to give a big positive shout out to the Certmetrics team for the quick and thorough turn around.

About that AWS Solution Architect Associate exam; I studied for 3 months and failed my first attempt (by 20 points). Passed 10 days later. That was one tough exam.
    Congrats I have AWS Solution Architect Professional Exam Tomorrow

Reactions: MBA

Congratulations!
    It's great that you are able to pass one cert, then get to use it as CEU for other certs.
    Well done!