YOUR Certification Roadmap

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    The ever elusive CompTIA+ with a number of tests to swat down to get there.
    Plus I think I have Azure to do now...
    And then that Part 107 I need to do because I've *still* not been able to fly my drone...and FAA put in a NEW test for recreational flyers.

I'll be taking tests until judgment day.

/r

From CompTIA... Data+ as it's the only one I don't have. :)

It will be interesting to see where Data+ falls on any updated CompTIA Pathway. I'm betting Professional Cert, but I could see Infrastructure or maybe it'll cross over between the tracks as I've long thought and advocated that Linux+ should do...

Lee

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    When it comes to CompTIA certs, I'm mostly done... though I do still have that Server+ voucher to try out :)

I'm currently working towards the DCA and CKA Docker/Kubernetes certifications, using KodeKloud's learning materials. So far it's absolutely great stuff at an affordable price! I'm having a lot of fun.

Rick Butler

• Aug 8, 2019
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.intellitec.edu
    I'm on Security & Network path.
    Next certs are CCNP Security, PenTest+ and CASP+.

Meanwhile, with the new Data+ cert, I wonder when the new roadmap will be released. Anyone knows?
    Nothing's been put out by CompTIA. But if I had to guess, the roadmap would put Data+ in the Professional Skills pathway.

Liz Wannemacher

VP Marketing @ CompTIA
    Staff member
    Jul 31, 2019
    Chicago, Illinois
    partners.comptia.org

Attachments

• 08314-it-certification-roadmap-may2021.pdf
      218 KB · Views: 29
    @Cyber Russ, we just published a 2021 update to our IT Certification Roadmap. Please see the attached.
    Hi Liz, thank you for posting this update. Just to add my 2 humble cents, Linux+ skills are desired/needed for Information Security. Hint, Hint ; )

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    Hi Liz, thank you for posting this update. Just to add my 2 humble cents, Linux+ skills are desired/needed for Information Security. Hint, Hint ; )
    Ah, but on the other hand I would most certainly not make Linux+ a "requisite" preceeding Security+.

Many folks moving into IT can benefit from Sec+, but don't need to know Linux+ at all.

Ah, but on the other hand I would most certainly not make Linux+ a "requisite" preceeding Security+.

Many folks moving into IT can benefit from Sec+, but don't need to know Linux+ at all.
    I agree, not a pre-requisite for Security+. Security+ is very strong for the IT entry-level and pro. However, on the Information Security Track of the CompTIA roadmap, it is hard to tackle CySA+, PentTest+ and CASP+ without some Linux skills. CompTIA has Linux+ and I feel is not getting enough recognition yet ha.

Reactions: Tess Sluijter

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    Update:
    passed: Certnexus CSC
    still to do: CCSK, CISM and CRISC; ISo 27K Foundation
    new on the List: Data+ (somewhere in 2022), Cloud+ (have no voucher yet from the TTT), CASP (waiting for the TTT Voucher), CEH Practical, CFR 401 Beta in Jan.
    Some Microsoft MOS Exams, if i find a Testcenter.

Reactions: NATUNA

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    Update:
    passed: Certnexus CSC
    still to do: CCSK, CISM and CRISC; ISo 27K Foundation
    new on the List: Data+ (somewhere in 2022), Cloud+ (have no voucher yet from the TTT), CASP (waiting for the TTT Voucher), CEH Practical, CFR 401 Beta in Jan.
    Some Microsoft MOS Exams, if i find a Testcenter.
    About CCSK, you should consider carefully, as I known that they shall update to CCM 4.0.
    About MOS exams, you can search on Google to find out some Institutes that can arrange the remote testing (Test from home). If you have shared this information sooner I can guide you to do free all MOS exams (remote exam) from DCLibrary (they have just closed this event about two months ago).

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
    Germany
    www.linkedin.com
    Thanks, i did not no that one. Since as an MCT i get a free Voucher each year, it is a Nightmare to find a Testcenter. And they are allowed to charge for Remote Testing a fee. That is now even higher due Covid then testing on Site. At least here in Germany. And i prefare mostly this Exams in German, since i use office Products in the German Language Interface.

M.

NATUNA

• Apr 9, 2020
    Viet Nam
    Thanks, i did not no that one. Since as an MCT i get a free Voucher each year, it is a Nightmare to find a Testcenter. And they are allowed to charge for Remote Testing a fee. That is now even higher due Covid then testing on Site. At least here in Germany. And i prefare mostly this Exams in German, since i use office Products in the German Language Interface.

M.
    Yes, I understood. I have used to looking for the Institute to use MOS Exam voucher (MCT), and I can NOT use the voucher because the fee is more than the on-site fee in my country. After that I have found the DC Library that have supported free fee for all MOS exams (2016 and 2019/O365), but now they have closed the event.

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
    the Netherlands
    www.kilala.nl
    CFR 401 Beta in Jan.
    oOoohhhh.... I need to get on that...

From the Cert Nexus Facebook:

Due to the high demand for the CFR-410 beta testers, we have decided to offer 75% off the voucher for the CFR-410 beta exam for a limited time. To participate, please go to https://bit.ly/CFR-410-voucher, create an account (or sign in), add the exam voucher to your cart and enter coupon code CFRBETA75 during checkout.
    For more information on #CFR go to https://certnexus.com/certifica.../cybersec-first-responder/.
    Odd that they would run the beta test, while the new exam is also already available at full price. Very odd.

Final cost, after discount: $87.50

EDIT:
    Signed up, thanks for the tip. Pludging this soon.

Last edited: