Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
Last edited:

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
My last two exams were the CertNexus CyberSec First Responder and CompTIA Network+.

My next three exams will be
  • CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner
  • AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • AWS Certified Solutions Architect
After that, I'll reassess and decide what's next.
I don`t go the AWS Road. not for training them. Have a enough with Microsoft there. Next Exams planned:
  1. CASP
  2. Data+
  3. Pentest
others not planned so far. (Maybe later that year A+ )

Michael

I don`t go the AWS Road. not for training them. Have a enough with Microsoft there. Next Exams planned:
  1. CASP
  2. Data+
  3. Pentest
others not planned so far. (Maybe later that year A+ )

Michael
My company uses AWS so it makes sense for me to learn more about it. I have plans to study MS Azure and Google Cloud later this year so I can learn the similarities and differences.

I'm also attending the Data+ TTT so I might sneak it in after I'm done with my two AWS certs.

The beta for CFR-410 left me underwhelmed. -> https://www.kilala.nl/index.php?id=2549
Any multiple choice exam that requires memorization to pass does not properly evaluate a candidate's knowledge. CompTIA does a better job than most because they do include some performance based questions. I honestly wish they would change the format to 50% performance based and 50% scenario based questions. That is why the certifications from Offensive Security have become more popular in the pen testing world because they require hands on exercises and real world scenarios.

Tess Sluijter

Apr 1, 2020
the Netherlands
www.kilala.nl
On the other hand I would never ever put the "performance based questions" on CompTIA exams on the same level of actual hands-on exercises.

The simulations are often half-arsed or even broken and the click+drag tests don't offer much value in my opinion.

Why I value CySA+ over CFR, is because the CompTIA at times poses questions in such a way as to require some insight and understanding as opposed to, as you pointed out, rote memorization.

Michael Schmitz

Aug 9, 2021
Germany
www.linkedin.com
My company uses AWS so it makes sense for me to learn more about it. I have plans to study MS Azure and Google Cloud later this year so I can learn the similarities and differences.

I'm also attending the Data+ TTT so I might sneak it in after I'm done with my two AWS certs.
I might take some AWS Courses / Try it, but i will not go down that Certification Road yet. I have enough on the Plate with the Stuff already done.
Google not that much of a Player in Germany. No Need now to spent time there. But that is different for Everybody.

Michael